Group Seed Swap Discussion3

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

New thread to show off our Seed Swap vines and blooms!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1072111/

This is a photo of Rose Silk and Oops ... I'll have to check to see who sent me the seeds to this one.

This message was edited May 17, 2010 11:24 PM

Thumbnail by beckygardener
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks for the new thread. Would someone please post a picture of the Japanese picotee mg. I planted seeds and would like to know what to expect. Also what variety has the fern like foliage?
I'd like to try two different types of foliage in the same window box. Thanks.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

ok have one fixing to bloom. finally. so will have to see what i get. havent abandoned anyone here just been dealing with a old back injury.

Mittsy - Not sure about the Japanese Picotee (hopefully whoever sent the seeds will post a photo here of theirs), but the MG that appears fern - like is probably the Cypress Vine: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/93/

Your window boxes sound really nice! I hope they work out very well and you share a photo with us! :-)

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

oh Becky I could just cry, I planted all of my seeds and they were coming up like crazy then we got two freezes right after each other and even the protection couldn't save all my wonderful MG seeds from you. in addition I lost all of my veg crop as well. I had them in a hoop house and the wind up here just wouldn't stop and none of my plants could recover.

So I'm gonna be watching yall pictures since I won't be able to contribute with photos of mine own. Sometimes I really don't care for living up here in the north. It is rainy and cold (40's) here today. But the still weather guys says starting tomorrow we are suppose to warm up.

Janet

Janet, dmail me your addy and I'll send you my mailbox mixture, I have lots of seeds I harvested from last year.
Mittsy

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

first MG bloom this year! Yeah! So excited. Last year, I got alot of leaves. Didn't get any flowers until late June but I have alot of buds right now!

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
(Zone 7a)

Meadowyck - I have a few mgs I can rustle up for you...not sure which ones right now - have a couple of other folks waiting on me, as well, so it'll be no trouble to include you.

Mittsy, does your mixture consist of many purpureas? If so, I'll stick to the nils for Meadowyck.

Lili - beautiful hige

Imzadi - I hear you about back issues slowing you down. The combination of back & other physical challenges and storm damage from last winter's 80" of snow has contributed to quite a road block in our pursuits, too.

I won't be posting much here, but losing all one's mgs does bring out us mg enthusiasts.

Wishing you all many mg-blessed mornings to come,

karen

Send her nils.

Janet - Dmail me your address and I will send some of the I. nils I sent in the swap to you. I have enough to share with you and will try to also send some of the ones from others in the swap. I don't usually grow but 1 or 2 seeds of any species or cultivar at a time anyway, so I can share some of what I got in the swap also. :-)

Nicole - Nice bloom photo. Do you know what cultivar it is?

It is Murasakihigezaki. I believe I got the seeds from Summer Hill 2008 in a seeds co-op.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Nicole that is beautiful! congrats! Meadow, I can send you some seeds too. dmail me your address, it is not too late to plant. I have a few vege seeds left too.

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

me too! I just sent a envie of seeds to a West TN gal who lost her stuff in the floods, but I have some MGs left. for sure I have some NOID I.nils, but i'll share of my my bounty from the swap.

OH is like East TN...those early springs fool us every time!

(Zone 7a)

Meadowyck - sent you various species and cultivars of mgs today - confirmation #: 03093220000101158366

hope they do well for you,
karen

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I received two wonderful packages from two kinds souls, and the rest of you, you offers are so appreciated but for now I'm good. I will check in on maybe some seeds come this fall for next year. I'm still trying to get the other perennial seeds plants from my winter seed sowing project.....

I'm sorry I've not checked back in as I lost one job and within the week I was blessed to find another job. So I've been working many hours and so tried after coming home from work that I just didn't have time to get on line... been trying to do something in my flower beds and the weeds are winning right now.

Anyway I can't thank you all enough, and Becky you are so kind.... it just killed me when the ones I took out and planted of yours died (I will learn up about things up here in the north...

Janet

Janet - {{hugs}} Sorry to hear about your MG seedlings. It's Murphy's Law ... ya know! Next year will be a better year!

I'll see you over there.

Nicole, I hhad my first bloom of the i. nil you sent blue with pink center it was beautiful even tho the storms tore everything up last night.

Phyl, all the seeds from you have come up and are vining, thank you!

(Zone 7a)

Nannie, hope to see you over there, too, but I have friends in both places so will probably stay with both.

Phyllis - I hope you have MY email address still saved in YOUR email address book. MY computer has been acting up because I have a virus on it and I've been working with my virus scan company to try to get it off my system. Another try today, but this stubborn virus is still lurking and I'm back to corresponding with the company. So ... if I disappear for a day or more ... y'all will know why. Grrrr

I'll see ya over there, too!

I stay pretty much here, sorry to see everyone going. I paid for it ( before the huge changes and all) so I am not wasitng my money by not using it. Money is too tight to disregard it's value.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, that is fabulous. It's one of my favorite. I love the pretty grape purple. It's Akasuki no Murasaki:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/58002/

I hope you'll post pictures when you have another bloom. Mine is slow to vine up but I'm expecting it to take off soon.

Yes, I love it and couldn't wait to tell you, since you showed me the hot pink i. purp last year that I sent you, and I planted one of yours right away. I am in love with it. Can it be crossed with another i nil do you think? I would love to see it crossed with Miko No Mai..

Go for it, Debra! That would make an interesting cross!

I would love to put that paint brush back to work, Becky. Thanks! I have alot of seeds of yours planted too..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I have alot of MGs planted too, but only 2 have had blooms on them. Patiently waiting....

Well, we can wait together ... I have been hinting for a pergola over the patio.. Yours is so nice.. He just says " Yeal right, I'll get right on it " LOL

The patio so far.

Thumbnail by joeswife

It took my husband many many years of promised Birthdays, Christmases and Mother's Days before I finally got mine. Glad I waited. It did cost a small fortune because I had them put in cedar posts.

I just loved the finished results you posted last year, post another one soon would ya?

Here is a view....

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

that is just too pretty.. thanks~!

Nicole - I agree with Debra! A lovely place to sit and relax and enjoy nature! :-)

Debra - Sorry to hear that you threw out your back. Hope it heals ASAP! No fun to be in pain. :-(

Thanks. Debra, sorry to hear about your back. Take it easy.

I have seedlings, every seed must have sprouted. Almost ready to transplant into 5 gallon buckets.

yea! Mittsy! I am taking it easy, Dr says 6 to 8 weeks before i can lift anything... I am not happy..

Thumbnail by joeswife

love those leaves. I have one of those from the swap. Don't remember which.

I had three seeds in the swap with leaves like this from me.. Roman Candy, Akatsu No Mai, and Miko No Mai. I don't know if Miko made it in the swap, but I sent a ton of them in my seed bags this spring.

I think Akatsu no Murasaki might have leaves like those. I know they are variegated.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.