A late addition at work

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

we found this new born fawn today at work while mowing all 88 acres.We found it laying out in the open and no mama around. he got up and hide behind a headstone and a hedge.( Cemetery) I got a few pics and after lunch he was gone again.Hope his mother found him.We have a hungry coyote in the cemetery too.

Kyle :-)

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

View from above, he is quite colorful.

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

awww, such a cutie

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

What a sweet, beautiful baby! I sure hope his Mommy came back and brought him to safety.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

I wanted to pet him, but decided not to.His mother might abandon him if she smelled human on her baby. So I just looked and didn't touch. :-)

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

How sweet :>)

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

Hi Kyle, how are you? looks like yourm present job may have some enjoyable moments.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Hi Vossner, we have geese,ducks,hawks,coyotes,foxes,and a ton of other wildlife here.

Oh and giant goldfish in the lake. They were spawning yesterday. :-)

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Simply precious!

Hack

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Momma was probably closer than you think. She has to go eat. Sure is a cutie...I just love fawns!

Baylis, IL(Zone 6a)

Great pictures. A white tail doe does not stay with a young fawn b/c scent. She will bed the fawn and come and go to feed and clean them. When the fawn is older he will start traveling with the doe. I live in Pike Co Illinois and yes the deer population is out of hand. Can't help it I just love the animals. They are magical. Thought I would share a picture from last yr. And thank you so much for sharing yours.

Thumbnail by gailelaine
Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Great picture! They're beautiful!

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Love your pictures of this cute furbaby. You did right not touching it.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Such a super pic of the baby fawn. How precious!

Rapid City, SD(Zone 4b)

What a cutie this little guy is !! I sure was glad to see that you thought and didn't touch him/her.. I dispatch for GFP/game fish parks. you wouldn't believe the amount of people that find them in the woods all by themselves, no mom to be seen. They don't want to leave them by themselves... So what do you think they do? Last week had a guy call me from him motel room and tell me that he found one in the hills and brought it back to his motel room and now wanted someone to come get it and take care of it. I advised him that he needed to take it back to where he found it that it's mother was close by and prob looking for it. He told me that it would be a 2 hour drive their and back and was not going to. So had to dispatch a unit to take care of the little guy, by the time gfp got back to the hills with it, it was dark, raining and of corse probably not where the guy picked it up from anyway... Sure hope it made it!! I think more edcuation needs to be in place for our little critters!!! Leave um B

Just had to vent..
Paula

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.