Peach Leaved Bellflower (Campanula persicifolia)

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

I added these to my garden last spring from Bluestone Perennials. This is the first year that they are really looking pretty good, and wanted to share some pictures with you. I do have to stake them, b/c they were getting a little floppy, but I think they are worth the effort.

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Another picture of them

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

And one more . . .

Thumbnail by pgt
Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Just Gorgeous!!

Beautiful. I love spring with all of the blues and violets in the garden. Miss that color by the end of the summer.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Simply stunning! I've so enjoyed seeing the progress of your garden, it has matured so beautifully. I love the color scheme, my very favorites! What is that Phlox you have blooming so early? Seems the P.paniculatas typically bloom later in summer.

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

gemini,
It's Phlox glaberrima "Morris Berd ". It's the earliest blooming phlox that I have in my garden. I also have some maculata's that bloom way before the paniculata's but my "morris berd" blooms way before any of them.
And, thanks for the compliments!

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/PHMBS.html

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks! I love Phlox, and a early one like that would be so awesome. You just reminded me I had P.maculata 'Natasha', but must have lost it in the drought a couple of years ago- geez, I'd forgotten all about it!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Beaturiful pics, as usual, pgt!

Your hardy geraniums are in such good shape! Mine are all leggy~~you must have the perfect spot for them. (Are they Rosanne?)

And I'm going to get some of that phlox, too! Didn't notice it until you pointed it out, gem, but it will be a nice addition here to break up all the mauve and purple a bit.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

tabasco, the peach leaved bellflowers you gave me a couple of years ago are doing beautifully now. Such charming blooms!

tabasco - I have the same problem with geraniums. I took several out last year because their floppiness here coincided with bloom times. The flowers ended up almost laying on the ground. Doesn't seem to matter where I plant them although none of them got full sun.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I gave you bellflowers, gem?? I may have to get them back! I have just 3 blooming and they aren't so sturdy looking! )-:

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.