Crabby Claude

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Crabby Claude is a cool dude and he got me through the winter with the help from a few friends.

Thumbnail by venu209

I don't know if anyone remembers this fish, but he became a small school

Thumbnail by venu209

All through the winter the aquatic scene grew. I even got some ideas from SpongeBob Squarepants :)

Thumbnail by venu209

In a moment of complete lunacy, I decided to use triangles, instead of squares.....that meant each tile had to be cut at least once, too often many more times. Blisters.

But here is Claude and buddies. I thought about putting this in the garden project thread, but I though Claude deserved his own thread. He is, after all, a cool dude.

Thumbnail by venu209
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Beautiful!!

Claude close up.

Thumbnail by venu209

Thanks WC! I still have to grout the joints, but I won't do that for a couple of months so the stones can settle.

Dolphins dancing in the sunrise

Thumbnail by venu209

Notice snail in the sea, instead of the garden!

Thumbnail by venu209

Looks like it's on a wall ;)

Thumbnail by venu209

Last shot. This is where it's placed. I can finally open the gate without it getting hung up on a clump of grass.

My back feels like a herd of elephants walked on it. Bill (wha).....HOW DO YOU DO IT?????

Thumbnail by venu209
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

That's too good to put on the ground, I'd definitely frame it & hang it on a wall! lol!
- great job, lots of talent & patience there!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Outstanding work! I agree, way too nice to be walking on. You are very talented and obviously very determined. My fingers hurt just thinking about all that cutting and shaping. Congrats on completion of this large and beautifully crafted project. And thanks for sharing it with us. Just a great job!

That glass? YOu did that ? OMG you have patience girl.

Yes, Sherrie. It's all made of vitreous (glass) tiles. Like a big jigsaw puzzle.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Wow! Gorgeous!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

WOW!! Spectacular, Weeze! Very talented and you definitely have lots of patience. I would be crippled forever if I attempted something like that. I hope it does not get messed up down there. What about frost??

Thanks guys! About half a dozen stones were complete before the wild winter. They stayed outside and did fine. (I was concerned about that) A few stones were glued but not grouted. They needed major repairs this spring. Grout is important! ;)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

OMG you are so talented!! And patient!!! It's beautiful!!!!!!

I still think it's too nice for that! Kicking dirt on them, etc. And what if you step in dog poop?!! It would really look great on a wall - especially one of mine. ^_^

I was watching over in the trash to treasures forum, grouting bowling balls and turning them into gazing balls. That went down the gutter.

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Far few artists get to choose
What will satisfy their muse.
After all that beauteous tiling
Your muse must be proud and smiling!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

OMG! That is incredible!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Weeze, that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! What attention to detail! Well done!

Great poem, Don.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous, Weeze....can you make me one?? LOL How about one of Wall-e?

I'd be afraid to walk on it.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Me, too, but I want mine sitting front of my Wha wall. ( SHHH don't tell him - he doesn't know yet)

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Wow, Weeze! That is so nicely done and so creative! I'm on the side of those saying....put it somewhere else!!!! It is really too nice to step on! I LOVE Crabby Claude too......he is awesome! Fantastic job!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Love your mosaic Weeze, I think it belongs on a prominent wall though, way too beautiful to walk on. Ric

I think we have a consensus on that, Weeze! Start moving it! ^_^

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow Weeze... I am so impressed... just outstanding my dear... and I wouldn't walk on that either... and you can add me to the order list!!!

Thanks all. At the moment, it truly is an underwater scene;) Lots of rain today!

That baby is not moving. It's on heavy concrete blocks. My next project will be much, much smaller!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.