Your favorite White - Frilly and Full

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I think we had a thread about 'whites' before, but I can't find it. So, again, what is your favorite pure white iris - frilly, full and DOES NOT FALL OVER.

Right now, mine is Immortality, which is putting on quite a show this year. Many more flowers than ususal. Probably has to do with all rain we've had plus the clump has matured in the past 4 years. I have two other whites that always fall down once the blooms start. Immortality never falls.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Linda

Kansas City, MO

My favorite pure white this year is Christmas. Looked like a dove taking flight in the kitchen!

Thumbnail by irisawe
Bakersfield, CA

Mine is now MY BELOVED.

Thumbnail by Betja
springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

my favorite whites are NOID's ! I don't have a clue what they are.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

This is Lo Ho Silver, a shorty but very profuse and fragrant.

Thumbnail by caitlinsgarden
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Immortality, because it is one of the earliest to bloom.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Pure white...I just ordered 'Forever Blowing Bubbles'...
Here's another DG member's pic...
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/214497/

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

SusanLouise, I can see why you wanted Forever Blowing Bubbles. Love those ruffles!

mittsy, here's last a picture from last week of my clump of Immortality and friends. This is the best I've ever seen it.

Linda

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa
McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I have a tall white noid that doesn't fall over. I will take a pic and you can tell me if you think it is immortality.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I made a special point of looking at the white buds today to see if I could id any of the noids. I am writing down how tall, bud count, branching and if they are smooth or ruffly, pure white or tinged with yellow. Research, it gets me out of the house and away from the tv.

Vail, AZ

Mesmerizer is a must have. It's flounce are almost like additional petals. Pure white, tall, and can rebloom. Mine bloomed for two months this year and it just sent up another stalk.

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Immortality came from a generous DGer in a Spring 09 swap. It's spread nicely and it was quite a treat to see its blooms for the first time last month. This is the last one.....

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
South Hamilton, MA

Touching Moments does not rebloom but is a ruffled white.

Warners, NY

The only white I have is Immortality and it is about to bloom again although there is only one bloom stalk---I am hoping it will not freeze. I thought it might bloom for my birthday as I am 74 today and I think that is finally moving out of middle age, but it has a week or so to go----------meanwhile I'm going to try and plant a mixture of reticulata

Thumbnail by weedyseedy
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday, weedyseedy, and many more!

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Happy Belated Birthday Weedy. You beat me by almost 4 months. Isn't it fun getting older? ^_^

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.