Haven't been able to find any Coneflowers at stores yet

Carmi, IL(Zone 6b)

Hi everyone, I haven't been able to find any Coneflowers at any of the stores like Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Just wanted to know if anyone else is having a hard time finding them for sale too.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I have a local nursery nearby that has lots of the new ones for sale...Hot Papaya, Coral Reef, Flame Thrower etc. But I am sticking to Prairie Splendor and Magnus. I haven't seen any at Lowes or Walmart yet.

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

I have found some of the purple coneflower in the box stores but not any of the newer varieties. I have found some of the newer coneflowers in the nurseries but not the Green
Envy.

Carmi, IL(Zone 6b)

Thanks for your replies. I am making a butterfly/hummingbird flower garden and was hoping to find some coneflowers to add to it. I am going shopping friday so hopefully I will find some then.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I have found some of the ones from Terra Nova at a local nursery. I bought a Hot Papaya, my friend bought Tomato Soup and Tiki Torch. They were $12.95 for a gallon pot, not a bad price.

Karen

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Karen,
That is a very good price! I paid almost $20 for my TS and TT. I need to go on a perennial shopping trip. That would be an excellent reality show...us DGers driving across the country buying plants and flowers for our garden.

Iris, I'm sending you a dmail. I'm trying to start a B/H garden as well. We will have to compare notes and trade ideas.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.