how can i cure this?

Pearland, TX

Hello,

I'm very new to gardening and DG. I have two of these trees in my backyard. Not sure what they are. They have a raspberry-like fruit, only longer (i just moved to the house, so i'm just starting to get familiar with what i have there...).
One of the trees is doing fine, but the other one was very small about a month ago, then it started to grow very quickly, and about 2 weeks ago i noticed spots on many leaves. The leaves with spots eventually become brown. There are also some white spots on the branches, but i don't know if they are normal or not. i posted this in the begginer's forum as well, because i hadn't find this one. I apologize for the repetition.

Thumbnail by max100
Pearland, TX

here is another picture of a leaf after the spots took over.

Thumbnail by max100
Sinks Grove, WV

These sound like mulberries (Morus sp.). Leaves of mulberry trees can be infected by two fungi, Cercospora moricola and Cercosporella mori, which cause reddish‑brown spots. These diseases are most severe during rainy weather. Fungicides such as Bavistin or Benomyl reportedly are effective; you should check with your county agricultural extension service office for specific advice.

Pearland, TX

thank you! i'll try to contact them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.