Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

The female Purple Finch.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Male Hairy Woodpecker.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Hey burn, what you been feeding that cowbird? She looks lighter colored than the ones I saw earlier this year. Course, maybe mine were dark versions, if their is such a thing as a dark version, that is. :-)

Nice pics, as usual, though.

Oops, we crossed each other.
Hack

Sandusky, OH

Great shots all! Ok vacation is over and its back to work, I haven't taken any backyard shots for a while but I keep the food and water re-supplied every morning. Right now I have a good variety visiting. I also have moved the feed station about 10ft farther away from the window, no dead bird's but I keep hearing window hits, and now I can just use the 400mm. This Baltimore Oriole has been here a couple of day's now, hoping it may stick around.

If you haven't seen my Warbler thread here is the link: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1097479/

I,m only promoting the different Warbler's not my photography...some of you may not have seen some of these bird's.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

last shot..

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Marlton, NJ

Nice shots burn!

Beautiful Oriole Burd!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

[quote="TheHackster"]Hey burn, what you been feeding that cowbird? She looks lighter colored than the ones I saw earlier this year. Course, maybe mine were dark versions, if their is such a thing as a dark version, that is. :-)

Has to be the cold weather we're experiencing, the bird is sick of it. ;)

Thanks for the compliment on my pics.Hack and Pelle.

Burd glad your seeing the Oriole aren't, they beautiful bird?

This message was edited May 16, 2010 11:01 PM

Sandusky, OH

Quote from burn_2007 :
Burd glad your seeing the Oriole aren't, they beautiful bird?

Yes, they are beautiful, and certainly put some color into the feed station area...usually cowbirds are the most common sight at my feeder tray, and it gets a little boring after a while. lol

Marlton, NJ

Bump :-)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

'Journey North'. These late migratory Gold Finches pair stopped by my backyard yesterday briefly to refuel for their journey. It was such a treat to see them. I was hoping they would stay awhile. But they apparently have continued on their way North. I missed them this morning.

Great pics. everyone.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

lousy picture of a gray catbird at the hummingbird feeder. Glad "SOMEONE" is using it.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Marlton, NJ

Beautiful shot Lily!

Nice one Mrs Ed!

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Nanny, congrats on the new Red-bellied. Great one of the singing Catbird.

GP, great photos of all your birds too. Love that Jay.

Hack, I loved your Eastern Towhee pictures. They sure enjoyed the bath.

Burn beautiful birds at your home too. I thought your Mrs Cowbird looked lighter too.

Burd, I really enjoyed seeing all your Warbler pictures-the photography was wonderful too! That Oriole is a beauty.

Lily, cute goldfinch. Hope they'll return soon for you.

Mrs Ed, good catch on the Catbird. The hummers will come! Think positive.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I found I'd taken more pictures of the Double-crested Cormorant.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I liked the look on this Oak Titmouse.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Marlton, NJ

Oh I love that Double-crested Cormorant and adorable Oak Titmouse duc!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Nice ones Duc...that little Titmouse is so cute.

I almost totally missed this thread...it sure moved fast!

Our weather has been so overcast and rainy and sometimes can't even ID the birds out there. There is a pair of Red-headed Woodpeckers that arrived last night and are in the dead tree...very cool having them here and hope they stay for awhile. Need to download the shots I took of them and hope to have a few to share.

Mrs. Ed...I would gladly trade a few Hummers for a Catbird...still haven't seen one this year!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Forgot to mention...6 Bluebirds hatched yesterday, five and a half weeks since the first hatchings!

Here is a lousy shot of the Red-Heads!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Marlton, NJ

Nice one Rose! You really get a great variety of birds!

This thread might run a little longer but VA_Wild_Rose will be starting the next thread.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi all. Sorry I missed on some of the questions earlier. Duc, I've looked, and looked for GBR's nests and their chicks. Saw only one nest, but did never get so lucky as finding babies. I'm delighted that you've taken pics. of them to share, then Wild Roses' pics. as well. Both of you have great pics. of those babies herons.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks Pelle...here is a better shot of one of them. I thought it was interesting that they showed up exactly 2 years ago to the day. They were here last year too but I failed to write it down.

Thumbnail by dellrose
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Rose your Redheaded WPs are great looking, the previous post of the two, seemed one of them was being playful, hanging upside down. I loved the shot.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks Lily...they did seem to be playing! From past experience they don't stay too long so I am enjoying watching them taking control of the yard! You are lucky to have them stay with you!!

Marlton, NJ

Excellent shot Rose!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Rose, I'm very thankful to be so fortunate. Last year the Redheaded brought their youngs to the feeder too. It's getting close to the time that they fledge, I think.

Geese Crossing; ^_^

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Another Canadian Geese family with young, young babies.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Rose, congratulations on the new hatchlings! By the way, in my book there isn't any bad picture of a woodpecker! Glad you're seeing two Red-headed. Your second closeup picture is excellent! Glad you're keeping track of their arrivals. It's interesting to see when birds are arriving close to the same time every year.

Lily, love your geese pictures. The babies are adorable.

Macon County, IL(Zone 5b)

Finally a decent picture of my Oriole.

Thumbnail by ilflowers
Macon County, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm still learning the birds around my yard, but I thought this little one was quite cute! He/she stops by often. I would love to find out the name.

Thumbnail by ilflowers
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh dear! I have really dropped the ball on this one! I am so sorry! I will start the new thread and come back and post the link...

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

OK... new thread is up!

Please join us on page 321...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1098350/

My apologies again!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.