Daily pics #320

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

I worked up 6 more pics.

This Brown Thrasher was gathering nesting materials.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

I haven't see a Brown-headed Cowbird in a little while.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

This Carolina Chickadee was busy working on a morsel.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Here's another Chickadee at the "watering hole" beneath the hose pipe. I just realized that this "bath" gets a lot of action.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Of course, my Cardinals were all over. Here's a female at the feeder.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Here's the last one tonight. The male Cardinals were not far away.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Good series as always Hack. Thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed the chickadee. I snapped an umpteen number of this GBH, each pic. has its own caption invitation. This needs one.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Marlton, NJ

Nice pics Hack! Love the Chipping Sparrow .

Hi Mary, Glad to hear your Flicker is getting used to you. Their such great looking birds!

Memphis, TN

A Northern Flicker in my yard this morning

Thumbnail by HelloMissMary
Marlton, NJ

Beautiful Mary!!

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Borders, that galinule is really interesting with such pretty colors.

Lily, great job with the Blue Heron pictures! Are you seeing lots of nests in the tree tops? Our Audubon people counted 72 nests around the lake. Most of the nests I saw had herons that looked as large as the parents now.

Pelle, love your photos, especially the grackle and that robin with so many worms.

GP, at least you could tell that was a flycatcher.

Hack, great shots! I just love the variety of birds you're always photographing. The last 6 photos looked like the birds were all so busy that they didn't even notice you.

Mary, your flicker is a cutie! Great job with your pictures. I'm glad it's used to you so you can take such good shots.

A friend asked me to take a photo of the sparrow nest at the top of her shop. I don't normally like to do this, but the birds were out in the open so all I needed was a stool and my longer lens. I suspect they're House Sparrows.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Our Bald Eagles are sure bothering the nesting crows, but they continue to fly to this particular tree every day and just sit and watch the lake for hours.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I have a lot of Bullock's and Hooded Orioles here and they sure love the sugar water.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I spotted this Song Sparrow a few days ago.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

This is the first time I've ever seen an immature California Thrasher.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Marlton, NJ

Cute shot of the sparrow nest duc! What type of sparrows? Your so blessed to have the Bald eagles around. The Orioles is beautiful and that is a great shot of the Song Sparrow. Sweet one of the immature Thrasher, glad you were able to see that and share it with us.

Marlton, NJ

I had 4 adult Red-bellied Woodpeckers come into the yard this morning. Here is one of the males at the peanut silo.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Marlton, NJ

They don't take any garbage from the European Starlings.

Thumbnail by pelletory
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from ducbucln :
A friend asked me to take a photo of the sparrow nest at the top of her shop. I don't normally like to do this, but the birds were out in the open so all I needed was a stool and my longer lens. I suspect they're House Sparrows.

From the bill shape and head pattern, I'd say House Finches

Resin

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Pelle, I sure wish those beautiful Red-bellied Woodpeckers would come west! Your pictures are great!

Thanks Resin, I didn't even notice the bill shape.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Well good grief..I am so far behind! Too mnay great ones to comment on...but I do really do have serious tanager envy goin here now! LOL

I took Tori out yesterday to teach her how to use the digital camera. She is 10 and she didn't do too bad. We saw Robins and Cardinal, Gray Catbirds and a Brown Thrasher. Her big scoop was a female Indigo Bunting. But sadly she was reviewing the photos on the camera and somehow the darlin' deleted all her pictures!

Anyway here....a Robin shot from last week!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

We have a new male Red-bellied Wood pecker that has showed up. He is smaller/slimmer than Apolo and he has a dark mark on his chest. I haven't gotten a real shot of him yet. Too many rainy overcast days again.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

lots of this with the Gray Catbirds last week!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Marlton, NJ

Nice ones nanny, love the Catbird!
I went out to the back fence near our shed and started pishing and a Catbird came right away and started singing like crazy to me. :-)

Pelle, another crazy picture of you in my head! LOL

Marlton, NJ

Well at least this time I was full dressed,lol.

Melbourne, FL

Red-Bellied WP on neighbors roof. The camera focused beautifully on the edge of the roof.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

One of the young Mockingbirds. They are on their own now.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Caught these ducks zooming by.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Blue Jay.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Blue Jay again.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Two Anhingas.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

HelloMissMary - nice Northern Flicker, but it may not have too much luck finding food on that telephone pole.

ducbucln - Quote - "Hack, great shots! I just love the variety of birds you're always photographing. The last 6 photos looked like the birds were all so busy that they didn't even notice you." I usually just sit in my car and they just ignore me. I thinking of erecting a little hunting style tent/blind. AND the Bald Eagle shot, framed by the pine needles is great. AND it looks like that immature California Thrasher wasn't too thrilled to see you. AND how in the world is that Red-belly able to get the peanuts out through that cage. Looks like the holes are too small, but I seen him eating, so I guess it's doable.

nanny_56 - be sure and tell Tori that she's certainly not the first to delete desirable photos. When I do it, I just cry a little bit. Tell her to try it again. Before long, she'll have her own DSLR. AND all your pics were nice, but I really liked the Red-bellied Wp.

gardenpom - nice stuff, I had a Blue Jay visit today - and I had the 40D with me. I'll post that pic in a minute.

Hack

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Before I post any pics from today, I have some more from yesterday. I post mine in bursts of six to give others time on DG.

Here's a Common Grackle with some nesting material - I guess.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Shot this female Downy Woodpecker from about 25 yards away and later cropped the pic.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

It wasn't long after she left that the male Downy arrived to feed.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

It's been a little while since I snapped a Eastern Towhee, and a male, at that.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

It didn't take him long to find the hose pipe bath. I didn't know the hose was trickling, and I'll gonna leave it alone. I've seen quite a few birds use it.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

What do you know, the Mrs was here, too. And she took her turn in the hose pipe bath.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Marlton, NJ

GP, Nice pics! Love the Anhinga!

Good ones Hack! The Eastern Towhee shots are so cute!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.