Daily pics #320

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

And now to volume 320 . . . we've come from #319 here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1096411/

Great Crested Grebe on its nest

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin

Reed Bunting

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin

Baby Coot . . . a face only its mother could love . . .

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin
Marlton, NJ

Great shots Resin!!! I absolutely love that Great Crested Grebe. A big awww on the Coot chick!

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

On that last thread,
Red, your bb babies are adorable with those big mouths! Your Chickadees are equally adorable too. Wowsers on the bunting.

Lily, good one of Lord Byron!

Elphaba, one of the clearest I've seen of the Wood Ducks-great job. Your heron nestlings are adorable. I sure was sorry I didn't get to see any on our search yesterday. Love the Green Heron and school kid photos too-nice job.

Rose, I love the look on your oriole. So cute!

Resin, thanks for starting us off with such wonderful pictures. Love that Grebe-sure more colorful than our Western Grebes. Great shots of the Reed Bunting and Coot chick too.

Here's a Pied-billed Grebe I got yesterday.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Marlton, NJ

I think their so adorable duc!

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Good start Resin. I've always loved those reed buntings.

Boy duck, that eye is bigggg on that Grebe!

I was lucky enough today to catch two male Bobolinks sitting and singing.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Marlton, NJ

Very nice Mrs Ed!!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thank you all for the wonderful pictures.

Norman, OK

Enjoyed seeing the different birds, Resin. I've had all sorts of birds in the yard today, but the light is so poor, half the time I can't even get my little camera to focus.

I didn't have any Pine Siskens this past winter, but since I put up the cage feeder, 3 have been around the past few days. Although they are mostly on the millet in the cage, they visited the sunflower tray this afternoon with a House Finch.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Marlton, NJ

Red, It's so nice to see them! Good shot!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Great pics Resin! Love the baby Coot...Awwww :D

Red,
Really nice Pine Siskin pic! I haven't seen one of them for an entire year. there was only a couple that passed through here...

Memphis, TN

So pretty -- I really love that feeder, Red, but my squirrels would commandeer it!

The Starlings in my tree hole are getting so big now. I've noticed them inching further and further out and imagine it won't be long now at all.

Thumbnail by HelloMissMary

Oh Mary, that is a wonderful capture. I love the berry and then how each one of the babies forms that vertical line. Wonderful.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Mom and Pop Starlings need to shop at the big box store for this hungry crew. HMM. < grin >

Marlton, NJ

Oh Mary, wait till they are following her around at the feeder begging to be fed. They get very loud! :-)

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Resin, love that Grebe shot,and the baby Coot, I'm sure mama loved it to pieces ;). Thanks for the new thread.
Loved the last threads with the wonderful shots.
Mrs-Ed glad you were able to get that pic of the Bobolinks, I would love to see some here.
Duc, your so fortunate to live so close to water, and get these great shots.
Red, nice to see the Sisken again, I haven`t seen mine this Spring.
HMM, great shot of the babies Starlings.

The Baltimore Oriole has been coming regularly to the yard. Hope he stays around a lot longer.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ditto Burn regarding everyone else's posts. Thanks Resin for the new thread. I'll post to share some pics. tomorrow on the trip down the River from our place. Burn, I missed my Baltimore Oriole. sniff sniff.

Marlton, NJ

Beautiful shot burn!! I hope he stays longer for you too.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Lily and Pelle.

An American Crow foraging in the grass.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

On in flight.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A Song Sparrow, came close for a pose.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A Mourning Dove outside my living room window.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Marlton, NJ

Nice ones burn! Love the Song Sparrow and the handsome Crow! Very pretty Mourning Dove!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Great pics Burn...love the Song Sparrow! :D

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Male House Finch taking a quick nap at the water cooler by our bedroom window...even with all the chatter of the other birds on the feeders right next to him! Must of had a long night...LOL

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Sandusky, OH

Great shots everyone!! Resin thanks for starting the new thread! Yeah that little coot needs some love. lol

Well the sun was out today and so were about 10,000 birder's or so it seemed at Ottawa NWR. I was very successful with getting nice shots of quite a variety of birds most being Warbler's. Tomorrow will be my last run out there until some time in the summer when I get froggy. Its about 70 miles round trip for me and it will be the 4th visit.
I will start a thread for my visit's in a day or so. I did get some new birds today, here is a quick set of the Scarlet Tanager which was new.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

no.2

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

no.3

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

no.4

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

2 more...no.5

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

last shot a female Scarlet Tanager

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Marlton, NJ

Cute one of the sleepy House Finch Susan!

Burd, Congratulations!! They are such beautiful birds. Lovely shots!

Norman, OK

3 BB babies visited the back yard several times yesterday. But I wonder about the other 3. It rained most of the day, but these two found a dry spot on the patio and sat there about 30 minutes. Daddy fed them a couple of times, but I didn't get a shot.

Norman, OK

One checked out the Bluebird Diner, but it was out of worms at the time.

Norman, OK

Burn, I especially enjoyed the Scarlet Tanager. I've never seen one in my home state, but saw one this spring when we were down in Uvalde County, TX. No pic. Did get several of Summer Tanagers. They were everywhere.

Nice Tanagers Burd! What is "froggy"?

Oh Red, those baby blues are so darned cute! Hope the other three show up.

Sandusky, OH

Nice shots of the BB fledgelings Reddirt!

Quote from Mrs_Ed :
Nice Tanagers Burd! What is "froggy"?

I guess its the same thing as frisky or in my case (ready to go back). Anyways I have had the most wonderful time at (The Biggest Week) so far at Ottawa NWR. Today I'll get shots of the birder's and all the huge lenses. Yesterdays star bird was a Kirtland's Warbler he was at the east end along the beach (all day)!

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Norman, OK

A neighbor's cat has been stalking my bird feeders the past few days. I don't seem to be able to run it off. Had a talk with her last night and I think we have an understanding.

Had the first Western Kingbird visit the yard yesterday. I've seen several around. Still waiting on an Indigo, but did see one on a neighbor's feeder. It is gratifying to influence someone's interest in birds. She has 3 young dau's and they love to see the birds at our house, so they put up some feeders. Mom was born in Europe and not all that familiar with the local birds. She called me down to help her identify some 'colorful birds'. She has several Indigos and a Painted visiting her feeder. Lucky girls!

Western Kingbird.

Sandusky, OH

one more...

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.