Yesterday at the library

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

True story.

I went to the library yesterday. Our library is in a area connected to a big ice arena. It is located to the side and I have never ventured to any other area of the large building.

Yesterday I noticed there was a big book sale "upstairs". I thought I would check this out. I walked out of the library section and went through the big double doors to the rest of the large building. An elderly lady was leaving as I walked in. I thought she may be one of the volunteers for the sale so I asked her directions on how to get upstairs.

She kindly told me where the elevator was. Now, I am old, but I try to not be too lazy, so I asked her where the stairs were.

She rubbed her forehead and said "Well...I am not sure... I know where the stairs are for going down, but I have no idea how to get up"

I thanked her and found the "down" staircase. I used it. I didn't even get a ticket.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!