Full house at Camp Rehab

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

Spring is in full run right now. We are up to 9 squirrels, 1 bunny, 3 coons, 1 fox, 2 robins 12 ducklings and the first fawn of the season. It's a new moon tonight so there will be a big drop of fawns in the next few days. The little buck I have, was tangled in a fence and could not walk on his leg when he was freed. He is putting weight on it now and demaning bottles everytime I walk by. he eats more than any week old fawn I have ever had. The fox is running around under the desk right now and attacking my ankles. The coons are screaming for, well who knows? Coons always scream when they are babies. This morning I woke up to loose ducklings. Luckily they all travel around in a group so they are easy to find. Unfortunately they also POOP in a group and that also makes them easy to find.

I have been on the go from 7:00 this morning and there are butts to was and mouths to feed right now. I keep trying to remember why I do this.....Oh, that's right. Because I have a fawn beside me and a fox playing at my feet. who else can get that?

Marlton, NJ

Your doing a great job jy!

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I agree with pelletory, your doing a GREAT job !!!! Now if you can find the time to take some pic's for us to admire :>)
Christine

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Oh you are so lucky! Hard work but the rewards are like no others. Very jealous about the fox!

So deer are more likely to drop fawns during a full moon? I wonder since in our little group of deer here (1 young buck and 3 does) we confirmed by sight that at least 2 of the does were pregnant when I took photos on the 11th. We know they have them somewhere in the general area here very nearby.

This message was edited May 15, 2010 3:40 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.