ORVG Coffee House #176 - May Flowers

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We came from here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1089713/

Last thread got WAY long! LOL!

Well we're a month away from the RU!
Time Flies!

Seems like we've had way more T-storms than usual and the 86° predicted for tomorrow is insane!

Ric

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Robin, look northeast as you are doing that dance, maybe it will be so bad that the storm clouds will come and chase you!!

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

OMG, what an adorable little baby, Synda! Beautiful Mom, too!
Yep, Darius, I did post a link to a site where people discuss alternative treatments they've tried. I never tried them, but I thought it might do you some good. I hope you get relief soon.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Bonnie said; Wouldn't it be refreshing to have one doctor who could take care of the whole body?

Bonnie, it would be much more refreshing if we all were very healthy and didn't need doctors!

Zack, my new neighbor boy-helper age 14, did a lot of weed-eating yesterday with the gas weed-eater I borrowed. I hope he can finish the front today (after school). I can actually SEE some of my beds, which is good, and bad. The 'bad' is that now I can see the weeds IN the beds!!

Ric, the weather is courtesy of The Three Ice Men aka The Three Chilly Saints http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2010/05/10/who-are-the-three-ice-men/ and it should be better sailing after Saturday, Cold Sophia Day!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Synda, your horses are gorgeous! I was showing my kids last night and you should have heard all of the ooohs and aaahs and how cute! My baby kept calling them dogs. LOL

msrobin, do try to be specific when you do that rain dance because I don't need any more. :)

Hubby is letting the chickens out, then I'm going to grab a shower, then he's going to grab a shower then I'm headed across the road to do some work at Charlie's.

When the girls get home from school, I have do do hair and nails x 2 so they can go to the spring dance. Eighth grade graduation is Tuesday and they get out of school on the 27th. I can't decide if I'm excited or dreading the "There is nothing to do......." while their rooms are a mess, the whole house is a mess and I want to go outside. Hmmm

Our last soccer game is Saturday but the last softball game is June 12th, then we will have softball tournaments.

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Synda love the baby. Name her "Majesty" or "Your Highness" since she comes from so much royalty.

Got your dmail and all is well. Ok everybody Synda hits the furniture lottery. She gets everything. Sunday right? Works for me.

We are getting the rain the rest of you guys got yesterday here today. Guess another day of packing.

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Obviously, my rain dance didn't work. I even watered the entire garden for good measure....guess I could've washed the cars. Surely that should've brought some rain.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

We had a nice inch...sorry Robin, not trying to rub it in. I have so many little seedlings I need to pull. I guess I should use more Preen, but then the happy little seedlings don't come either!

I just love the horses....the blazes give them so much personality....

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Good morning all.
Synda...I love your horses too!! Just love that baby!! And congrats on the furniture!! I'm glad to see it go to another DGner!!
WTG Toni!!!
So Chele...are you going to be able to make the round up???? I saw you had a game that day?
I have some bad news here...at least for me. I won't be able to make the lunch part of the roundup...but hoping we can come a little later on?
Guess my SIL and BIL are celebrating their 50th anniversary that day with a dinner at a local restaurant. I'm sure I told her the date of our roundup...but guess it didn't matter!
Oh well...I think we can manage both, since the roundup is closer to me this year! I WILL bring the plants! Hate to miss all that good food though!!!
Don't think we even had quite an inch. We really had the fog roll in last night though! And was still quite foggy this morning...but is pretty much lifted now..and sun is in and out. I hope Dawson's Tball game isn't rained out again tonight. I would like to see him play! And I hope we don't get the severe weather they are saying could happen either!

Speaking of washing cars....

A Momma robin made a nest on my downspout last week and had 3 babies. Unfortunately, when we had all those bad storms all the babies fell out of the nest and well.....it wasn't pretty. But since then, Momma robin has been dive bombing my cars everyday with birdie ka ka and won't let me get close to the nest to get rid of it. She is really ticked. Any suggestions?

Good afternoon. Had a morning appointment and just home. It sure is humid here, and just went outside to hear the distant rumble of thunder. Weather men said sunny and fair, with a slight chance of afternoon showers. This don't sound like showers to me.

Ah, Marcy, that is the pits, I wish that you didn't have to double up on the RU day, but if it must be, then glad you will get to come later.

Boy if that isn't a win-win situation, I have never seen one. WTG Toni and Synda. Solves problems for both of you.

Robin, yep, I figure your mistake was in not washing the cars. That would have surely brought on the rain. I don't think it counts if done the next day either!!

I missed my morning garden walk, so I am heading out to see what things look like.

hey gang
just a quick check in
busy getting ready for this weekend
i think i need a cookie to heal my warry woes LOL
how is yoru foot darius. Could you use some raw honey on it ?
baby chicks are doing well.Mama almost excaped out of the brooder. can't blame her LOL
what a cutie horse baby. AWWWWWW so cute
i miss horses. I grew up riding . i miss it. someday we will have horses .
welp got to get back to the grind stone
later

We are under a tornado watch until 9 p.m., and was wondering if you folks in southern Ohio are too. My tv station is giving some southern Indiana counties but no news on Ohio.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Yep, tornado watch for the entire area! Boy is it muggy out there...

same here in Ohio
uhg.
well got nothing done the last two hrs. i hate that .
I was putting up my sign with my hrs and guess what ? ! i ran out of 0 uhg. so i used O's but they are black and the numbers are red. looks kinda dumb , then i only had two : and had to make my own. I don't have a red pen :(
o h well. if people can't figure it out then they are just to dumb to plant flowers LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I am both so sad and so happy. I just helped Carly, 12 and Kristenne, 14 get ready for their spring dance. They have both matured into such beautiful young ladies. I'll post pictures later.

I worked at my neighbors for 2 hours today then came home and potted up 2 boxes of plants. Now that the girls are gone to the dance and the rest of them except Morganne went to drop them off and go to softball practice so I am going outside to pot the other 2 boxes of plants. Someday I might come up for breath. LOL

I know nothing Marcy. I'm always the last to know my plans.

You all be safe. This weather is crazy. We had a wicked downpour and storm about 2:30 and now it's just windy.

Gotta run. BBl

Chelle what kind of plants did you get ? daylilys ? LOL
aawww so cute on the girls getting ready for the dance. I remember Jess going to her first dance. She was so pretty. No one recognized her !!
tornado watch is over and the storms are gone. So we are in the clear so far.
i may go out and pot up some plants and dig some.
bbl

Tornado watch up here until 9. My sinuses are killing me.

feel better Toni .

Hi folks...

It was hot here today; usually we don't get above 85º except for a couple of weeks in August... but certainly not in May. I finally had to water; everything is SO dry, and y'all kept all the rain.

I worked out in the garden, sitting on my rump pulling the insidious roots of Creeping Charlie. I filled THREE big lawn/leaf bags, and I think I wore off the fingerprints on my right hand digging to get as many rootlets as I could. The pads on my fingertips really hurt. But, a (small) portion of the front yard is now looking like a human might actually live here.

The long front porch, on the other hand, looks like a pack of gypsies declared squatter's rights. (I can't say red-necks because there's no couch or refrigerator, and no big dog under the porch!)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bonnie there's nothing showing on radar out to 100 miles.
We show a 50% chance by day break of some T-Storms...
This much humidity and heat.... who knows who's getting it.

Toni I hear you on the sinuses!
Mine set my teeth off last night.... hasn't happened in years.

Well we ran out of wood but the 'siding' of the Workshop has started.
Guess what cut of wood.....

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Looking good, Ric.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We have Fuzzies in the nest!

Thumbnail by henryr10
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Toni, go after the nest while carrying an umbrella as a shield. ;)

That foal is darlling!! Jules, I thought about the Heisey glass foal, too!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

GW - it must be a Newark thing! LOL

Columbus, OH

Getting 4 tons of rock super cheap from Craigslist delivered today. I'll be edging garden beds with it by myself, we'll see if my ambition matches my ability to schlep stone.

Stormed here all night. ALL NIGHT. Oprah slept right under me all night too. I almost squashed her twice.

The nest fell in the storm. A baby robin still in it but not alive. I guess Momma was guarding him. Wrapped it in newspaper on the patio and will bury it later after coffee. Sucks.

More packing. TW delivery. Wasn't yours this time Bons but it will be here before the move. Hang in there with me Momma Bonnie.

BBL

No hurry Toni, just mail it so you won't have to move it!! Poor Oprah, hope she is calmer this morning, and Toni, let her sleep, she missed it last night!!

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Well, heard a few grumblings of thunder earlier and felt a few sprinkles, but it all headed around the south of us. Decided if the cost of getting rain is bad storms and excessive rainfall amounts, then I'll just haul the hose around the garden. It's sure humid here this morning, too. But the honeysuckle smells soooo good, which I am thoroughly enjoying while I'm working in the garden.

Darius, way to go on the weed eliminations!

Ric, looks great!

Toni, when's the big move? Don't work too hard on the packing.

Celene, great score!

Jules, beautiful horse and colt!

GW, how are you feeliong these days?

Marcy, you sure are busy these days!

Bonnie, are you feeling any better?

Chele, it's hard to believe how quick the kids are growing up!

Sue, how's your business going?

I missed mentioning a few of you.....hope you all are doing well!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We are under a severe thunder storm watch til 8pm. Hasn't been bad so far and we need the rain. Things getting really dry.

DH's first infusion went off without a hitch this morning. The nurse will be out once a week to change the dressing on the PIC line. He is feeling good but has to take it easy for the 6 weeks he has the line in. That means all the work will fall to me. Please say a prayer for me.

Love the foal. We had a haffie named Goldy. Sold her when we moved here. Still haven't been paid yet so we may go back and get her. Another lady wants to buy her for her GS. She is a real sweetheart. She was a lot lighter than your mare. Do you ride or drive yours?

Everyone's busy outside, I guess. I've been busy inside... too hot earlier. and now TS's are imminent. It has cooled off about 15º already. Don't ask what I was doing inside all day... much ado about 'nuffin, I guess.

I did decide, after reading many sites online, that instead of starting with chickens this year, I'm going to try and get a half-dozen guinea keets. For one thing, they do NOT scratch in the garden, digging up the ground and plants the way a chicken does! They will keep down the ticks, and Japanese beetles (although I don't know if I'll be able to get them by the time the grubs hatch).

So, I can get by with a smaller coop and fenced yard which will really help the budget. Then in fall, maybe I can enlarge the coop/yard to get ready for early spring chicks.

BBL...

Caj, we cross-posted. I must have missed what's going on with your DH... infusions?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

He was in the hospital because his BS went way up. He had infection in a toe joint. He has come home with a PIC line and we are giving him IV antibiotics at home. He is also on BP meds and cholesterol meds. Changed his insulin and sliding scale. Found evidence of what may have been a silent stroke sometime in the past.

Thanks. I knew he had been in the hospital but hadn't heard the outcome. Hope he heals fast!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks. He is feeling good.

Moving furniture May 27 and boxes and cleanup May 28...then resting May 29 and 30th.

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Toni, I didn't realize the move was so soon. Got lots of help for the move, right?

Still no rain here. 8( I took the afternoon off from gardening to go the big city...lots of errands for things I can't buy closer to home. Actually, the break was kind of nice.

Cajun, good to hear DH is home, but sorry to hear your plate got a whole lot fuller.

Darius, we had Guineas for a couple of years and they don't scratch like chickens do. But they sure can be loud. We lost a few and ended up with a pair. When she decided to lay and sit in the brush, he would get up on the deck and holler for her all day and most of the night. I'm just saying....

storms passed us by good thing
busy day
had lots of customers today
they just don't get " sat and sun only !! " duh. i guess a weekend means friday too ? even if its in print .
so i think i m ready for tomorrow
Austin had baseball tonight
im pooped
had dinner about 15 min ago LOL
good night
sleep well

Sue glad you had a good sale day. Hehe, don't grouse about including Friday, means more income!!

Cajun, good to hear that DH is home and feeling good. Sorry though about you having all the work fall on your shoulders. If I was closer, I would come and pitch in, what I was able to do.

Toni, how far away is your new house? Will you hire a moving company, or is it dependent on family friends, and anyone you can rope into it? When we moved into this house, DH was working a lot of mandatory overtime, and I did all the moving in my car, with the exception of the furniture. On Sunday afternoon, DH got a group of fellows together, and loaded his lowboy trailer, and got all the furniture moved. Hope it goes well.

Darius, I am hoping that you will be able to get the guinea's and then build a coop for the chicks in the spring. We had chickens when we were on the farm, and I am sorry, I just can't get enthusiastic about having any again, because I had to take care of them. Although the fresh eggs would be nice.

I had put off doing bank statements and paying bills, and I put in 4 hours today doing that, and filling out some surveys for the church, insurance claim for the cemetery, and all sorts of other things. However, I did not get all the filing done. Next paperwork day, I will start with the filing and then do the rest of it. That way, I know that it will get done, as I can't run out of steam before paying the bills!!

We went out to eat tonight with some friends, and went to chedder's in Lexington, I have never seen such servings in my life, but it was good.

Off to make a phone call before it is too late.

I am doing all the packing. All the moochers....err relatives and faux best buds have to work or whatever...they will surface as soon as I am in the house good wondering what I am giving away and I am going to tell them all nothing.

I have a moving company to pick up and move the furniture for me on Thursday and then to move the boxes etc from here on Friday.

My renter is wanting to move in as close to the first as possible so it looks like I will have to hire somebody to clean and paint in here instead of doing that myself as planned.

I am keeping positive about it all. It's actually kinda fun to see what all I actually own LOL Most of this stuff I had totally forgotten about LOL.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.