Best rebloomers for zone 6

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, I am looking to add more iris beauties to my yard. Just wondering if you could post pics of ones that are true rebloomers. I know some claim to but aren't that reliable.

Thanks,
Teresa in KY

Thumbnail by bluegrassmom
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I'm not in your zone but Immortality reblooms for me here.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, that is fine, you don't have to be in my zone to post. If it blooms in zone 5 my chances are even better!
I have heard of Clarence, Immortality and Again and Again as being pretty good.

Taylorsville, KY

Hey, bluegrassmom, I have a friend in LaGrange, KY (our zone) who has at least 100 rebloomers, probably more, in her garden. In fact, some years her fall rebloom garden is better than her spring bloom!She comes to our October meeting every year with a huge bouquet! I know one of our favorites is Sugar Blues -- it blooms several times -- and Lilla. Her garden is absolutely luscious, and she welcomes visitors, so if you are ever in the area, you should go see it. She lives about 20 miles northeast of Louisville off 71.

Sue - Zone 6a

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Tall bearded only or medians, too?

Champagne Elegance
Batik rebloomers in my z6 garden even though it is not listed as a RB
Polar King is tops
Edith Wolford
Autumn Circus
Autumn Ehco
Autumn Tryst
Banana Cream
Broken Record
Bye Bye Black Bird
City Lights
Fall Spotlight
Dante's Inferno
Fame
Forever Gold
Victoria Falls
Progressive Attitud
Rossille Figge
October

as well as the ones mentioned above

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Polish Princess
Constant Companion (not a TB)

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Miss Irisbert
I bet you are close to Possum Ridge Daylilies? I grow more daylilies than iris but I love them both! Does Louiville have an Iris club? I belong to the Louiville Area Daylily CLub.
Thanks Maxxsmomma,
I am taking notes of all post

I am known as Alyssa, Ashton, Brett and Bethany's momma :)

Marble Hill, NY(Zone 6a)

Midsummer Night’s Dream keeps trying to rebloom for me in the fall, but it gets too much shade by then to flower properly :-(

Thumbnail by jxmas
South Hamilton, MA

Another IB rebloomer :Champagne Encore. On its 3rd yr last yr. at daughter Jumper 2's home in 6a it had 6 bloomstalks & now is in bloom this spring.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I went to our club garden to write down a few to order and I saw one named CHAMPAGNE WALTZ. I want it but it isn't a rebloomer.

We have a lady that is working with rebloomers. Betty Wilkerson, she has introduced BRIDGE IN TIME, and others.
http://www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/
this is an old webpage but you can see a few of hers.

Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

Champagne Waltz is gorgeous. A favorite of mine. My TB show is almost over. C.W is still sticking around. It has large flowers too. It even survived a day of rain well.

Thumbnail by Flower_addictnc
Taylorsville, KY

Sorry, Alyssa, I have been off for a couple of days. Yep, right across the lake from Possum Ridge Daylilies -- 2 miles as the crow flies, but 10 miles as I have to go around the lake to the bridge! I love them, too! Yes, I below to Louisville Area Iris Society -- been there 10 years. Just had their show last weekend. Our rhizome sale is the first Saturday of August at Frank Otte's across from St. Matthews Mall -- you should come and introduce yourself. The Daylily Society sells there as well, so does Daffodil and Hosta! I'm a clerk at the money box!

My best median rebloomer is Lo Ho Silver -- it blooms in April, August and October! Last year it bloomed in November. Great rebloomer.

Sue

Thumbnail by MissIrisbert
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Sue,
I was in Louisville yesterday but was on a church trip with my SS kids. We went to the zoo. We didn't get home until late, but I thought about all the nice gardens that I was missing :) Do you belong to one of the dl clubs also? I have some new iris pics but haven't loaded them on the computer yet.
Teresa at Quality, KY

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.