CLOSED: Wanted: info re: your Mystery Mix experience!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Howdy, Y'all !

While readying seed packets for an upcoming offer of the Spring 2010 edition of ŁazŁo's Mystery Mix I began to wonder about how things worked out for all the Fall 2009 Mystery Mix gardeners.  So, I'd like to hear from y'all who did request it and planted it - - How easy (or difficult) was it for you to get seed germination?  Did only a few of the seeds germinate for you?  Or alot of them?  Any welcome surprises in it for you?  Any unwelcome ones?

And of course, attached photos are always interesting.

Thanks in advance to everyone who follows up this message by sharing their Fall 2009 Mystery Mix experience with the folks who follow this DG forum.

A T B T Y  !         ~         ŁazŁo    ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Lazlo, I'm just planting my mystery mix now. But I will let you know how well I do with them.

Marti

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Lazlo I'm also getting ready to plant mine. Will let you know how they do.

Lake Charles, LA

Seems that I'm going to have mystery mix also. Some of my seeds fell out and got mixed up. I think maybe I'll plant them in the fall. I'm thinking a lot of them are lettuce. So what if lettuce is mixed with flower seeds. How can I tell?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

ange - you probably will be able to tell with the first set of true leaves.

Lake Charles, LA

Ok--

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Seems as if not many folks planted those seeds in the fall or winter . . . hmmm.

Just thought I would do a reality check.

case closed

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I just got back on Dave's Garden after a few months off and this thread caught my eye even though it was closed. Lazlo I have some plants in my garden that I Wintersowed winter before last from one of your Mystery Mixes. These plants grew all last summer and survived the cold winter we had. Now they are about 3 1/2 feet tall with no evidence of flowers. I don't know what they are. I will try to get a picture to post and see if you can identify for me. It could be some kind of leaf veggie!

Bonnie

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Sorry havn't been on here for awhile, but I have seedlings and plants up from that baggie, and will post a picture sometime tommorrow.
I like your seeds.. I just pulled up some mustard, and some goldenrod from that area, tho, since I am kinda allergic in the nose from them. they are now in the back alley, where I can still see them.Somehow, I got these from that mix..
Stuff in the middle in the green thing where I sowed some.

Thumbnail by joeswife
Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I believe the mystery plant is a mustard!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Me me, LazLo, tuning in with a reality check! I Winter sowed mine and here's the clump in my garden a couple weeks ago.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

yep I have some of those too.. I am watching a seedling that looks to be a tree of some sort..

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.