Any Hummingbirds yet?

Lake, MI

Hello fellow Michiganders

I was blessed to get a visit to my window feeder on Mothers Day. Has anyone else had any visitors yet?

Amy

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

not that I have seen but the feeders are out
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

The baltimore orioles and rose breasted grosbeaks are back. The hummingbirds usually come back at around the same time. I have not seen one yet either.

Glad you had one for mothers day. Nice present!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I need to get the orioles food out !!!!
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes you do. I have gone through a couple dishes of grape jelly already.

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

No hummers here yet or orioles for that matter.

Lake, MI

I saw a male at the big feeder this morning and when I went to take the picture look what I got

Thumbnail by Amos55
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

oh how cool !!!!
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Great picture, sure is a big hummingbird, LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

I put 2 feeders last week. There was one hummer, now there are three :)))))))))
Darn camera went kapoot :(

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

They arrived here...three days ago..late this year...Normally May 7th they come..oh well...Least it is green out and not white..welcome spring.

smiles..Diana..

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Mine arrived on May 15th. I also have orioles eating grape jelly at the feeder as well. My granddaughter and I found a beautiful moth and kept it in her butterfly cage overnight then released it. I positioned it up on the oriole plate and took it's picture first. The thing was huge. It's a Cecropia moth.

Thumbnail by Loon
Lake, MI

I am glad that everyones hummers are in town.....

That is quite a beautiful moth what a nice find. Did it eat the jelly before it took off?

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

No. The adult moth has no mouth and doesn't eat anything. They mate, lay eggs then die. They only live about a week. Sad eh? So beautiful. You just have to enjoy them while they're around.

Grand Rapids, MI

Well no hummingbird story from Michigan yet, but my sister is in Arizona, where a momma hummingbird made her nest in a bell shaped windchime. They named her Mrs. Bell and she has had 2 little ones my bro-in-law named humvee 1 and humvee 2 :-)

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

OHHHHHHHH, one of my dreams is to find a hummingbird nest :) I watched them yesterday go to the feeders, the one flew right next to me and landed on the fence!
I hope they all come back like last year :) Now to get the grape jelly out, I also have a small bag of oranges :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.