What happened to this one?

Moundridge, KS(Zone 6a)

Does anyone know what happened to this iris? It was a freebie I recieved with an order last year, but I can't find the name just now. I noticed it had bloomed, out the window, but could only see 2 falls and thought the other must have blown off in the high winds we've had. When I went out to look though, it's clear that the entire flower has only two of each part. Is this a defect that will be seen in all the blooms or just this one? Does anyone know the cause? If it doesn't hurt anything else I'll just leave it as it's a pretty one, even it's not all quite there. Sorry the picture isn't focused better, it was cold and drizzly so I hurried.

Thumbnail by willowwind
Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

This happens sometimes - Usually other blooms will follow that are normal. It's just a fluke of nature that occasionally occurs.

Moundridge, KS(Zone 6a)

Thank you for the reassurance. I guess it's kind of backwards for how a four leaf clover occurrs. There's another bud to open soon so I'll hope for the best.

Moundridge, KS(Zone 6a)

Just thought I'd let you know... second bud is open and flower is normal. Yea! Thank you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.