This message was edited May 30, 2010 11:29 AM

Thumbnail by rockgardner
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Are the falls a little darker than the pic? Is this the one? BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

This message was edited May 30, 2010 11:30 AM

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I am no expert. I am trying to find names for some of mine also. My pic is of "Helen Collingwood". Take a look at Hipsroots.com at the historical ones and I will too and try to help you. It is very old because it has purple at the bottom of the fans. BEV

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

This message was edited May 30, 2010 11:30 AM

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Are they scented? I think I have the same one. It's similar to Quaker lady, but prettier! They really multiply, but smell sweet. I grew up with them and brought them to my place. I just call them Mom's Orchid

Thumbnail by billyporter
Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

This message was edited May 30, 2010 11:31 AM

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

They are a Tall Bearded Iris. I have never tried Iris in pots because one flower only blooms for one day like daylilies and would be afraid they would get wet feet and rot. BEV
I see it is not HC.

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Rockgardener, I zoomed my page to 200%. I see they aren't exactly like mine after all. The white spot on your's had a definate cut off. I like that. They are planted with a beautiful white flower. What is it?

I wish someone could come up with a name. I've been trying to identify mine sine I joined Dave's.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Sorry Helen Collingwood.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

BEV, mine aren't that dark, but the shape is the same. Helen is a gorgeous deeper purple. It did lead me to bookmark more historic sites Thanks for that!

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Rockgardener, I am not very good at identifying iris. It drives me nuts to not know what I have, and if I'm not careful, the person I'm bugging, for a name :o)

I love the azalea! I think it's a perfect place for the iris!

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

rockgardener, Look at HIPSROOTS.COM and go to Joseph's Coat Katkamier 1930 and see what you think. LMK BEV

Billerica, MA(Zone 6a)

Thumbnail by rockgardner

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.