any ideas on this one?

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Would love some help on another ID.

Thumbnail by KathyJo
Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

It looks like Frank Adams, 1937

South Hamilton, MA

So now check 'Frank Adams' through Plantfiles.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Judging from the pic colors, probably it is not 'FrankAdams'. HIPS lists it as rosy tan standards and rosy red falls. Your's looks a lot like one of my noids--yellow standards with what I would call brown-red falls. It is a keeper historic.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Looks like the first one listed on HIPS society as " Accent" 1952.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

'Accent' looks like a good call for mine. According to the HIPS info, 'Frank Adams' was one of the parents.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Wow! Thanks for the input! After looking closely I am pretty sure the one in the picture is Accent! But, I think I also have Frank Adams. or something extraordianily close to Frank Adams.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

If I may- do you think this looks like the same or a similar 'keeper historic"? Its at least 50 years old.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Definitely a historic. Similar to some of mine. There are so many of what I call "germanica variants" with similar falls, beards and standards in various shades and configurations that it would take an expert to id them. With some patience, you can scroll down thru the HIPS photo gallery and get some idea of what you have.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I pluck a bloom and put it in water in front of my face then go through the HIPS list. BEV

Thanks for the advice. So there's a lot to know to really know about iris.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

They are much like any other plant. You can easily learn how to grow them and appreciate them. You can also become addicted to them. WARNING--do not go down that road. There are no 12-step recovery programs for us. We are all doomed.

Philadelphia, PA

I bought this last year. It's not what it was supposed to be but is sure a beauty

Thumbnail by Mitt
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Oldgardenrose, I have been addicted to iris for quite a while.. There is no going back. I've never turned down "free" iris. I have shamelessly begged for rhizomes. Done a little trading and have gotten quite a few for gifts... I love them all.

( Laughing! ) not to digress too much. I got this from critterologist to break up my overly purple iris selection-High Spirited- But billyporter showed a Purple pepper with amazing freckles on the falls!

Thumbnail by sallyg
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh, I love pink ones.. ! and the orange ones, and.. and.. and..

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Sally, Is this one the same as yours? BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62

It could well be. Sure looks the same in the pictures.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Another pic.

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh dragonfly that is lovely..

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Can't be the same. I think mine is more ruffled. It is hard to name an Iris because there are so many similar. Bev

agreed yours looked more ruffled. I had that impression too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.