Snake in the garden!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 6b)

I met up with a snake in the front yard today. I took a few photos of it, but I'm not sure how well they'll show up

Thumbnail by chicochi3

He was using his camoflauge(sp) very well. Here's another picture

Thumbnail by chicochi3

Here's one more picture. Sorry he's hard to see, but he was in the shade and in the grass and I wasn't too inclined to move/pose him.

Thumbnail by chicochi3
(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Probably a Black Snake, King Snake, or Chicken Snake. Either one is harmless, and keeps down vermin. I almost said Blue Racer, but you don't hear about those any more!

I have tentatively identified this as a Speckled King Snake. Any other opinions would be welcome.

Saint Paul, MN

I have no idea what he is but he is sure a nice looking snake. I just get garter snakes but I enjoy seeing them.

I generally get lots of garter snakes, a few green snakes, a few black snakes, rarely a copperhead, and even more rarely a king snake. This was a very attractive snake. In the sunlight, every scale sparkled. The snakes don't bother us, we don't bother them.

Malvern, PA(Zone 6b)

I found a mom and a baby yesterday while clearing dead leaves. this snake returns every year. Wonder what variety this is?

Thumbnail by peoniae

I find those in my yard a lot. I call them Garter Snakes and leave them alone. I don't think they're poisonous, but since I don't really know, I don't touch them.

Athens, OH

It's a non-venomous garter snake.

Madison, WI

Completely harmless to humans and pets...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.