My Carolina Wrens Came Back ...

Cocoa, FL(Zone 9a)

AND they've started a family on my backporch..LOL Spring has definitely come and is turning into Summer (at least if you go by the heat and humidity of Florida)

Here is a picture of their babies in their nest that is tucked into the back corner of an old Microwave cart turned outside TV stand

Thumbnail by SilverTigris
Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Sweet! I love CWrens and especially love how they like to nest in odd spots on our decks and porches. Such pretty little birds.

Cocoa, FL(Zone 9a)

They came back again this year as well. We got some lovely pictures of the babies that we didn't get a chance to get last year. We actually got to see them leave the nest, get flying practice in and then follow mom and dad to the bushes away from back porch where they once again built their nest this year. Here's a picture of one of the babies as they were getting their flying practice in before they left for "bluer skies" and "Greener Pastures" full of bugs :)

Cocoa, FL(Zone 9a)

It's almost hard to imagine that they were only this size a short few weeks before that

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Aww very sweet. Glad they came back to nest, great photo opportunities. They do grow fast, that for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

How neat. They grow up and fly away so quickly.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.