clump of Persian Berry

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Earlier I had posted some shots of a Persian Berry BI. But now another clump has started to open and it is gorgeous. Xuling

Thumbnail by xuling
Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

That was a test!! For me, not you. Here is the Persian Berry

Thumbnail by xuling
Bakersfield, CA

Very pretty! Hey, where is Windsor?

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Windsor is on Highway 101 65 miles north of San Francsico. In Sonoma County with all the grapes. Xuling

Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

What type of Scabiosa is that in the background of the first pic? Love Persian Berry!

Bakersfield, CA

xuling, do you ever purchase irises from Napa Country Iris Gardens? It's one of my favorites..

Boaz, KY

Hey Xuling -- I'm so glad that you created this thread. You identified an Iris in my garden that I've been trying to ID for years. I knew I had a Persian Berry somewhere, but mine didn't look *exactly* like any photos that I saw of PB. Yours was dead-on. Now I know where my Persian Berry is. Here's a photo of mine.

Thumbnail by Muddymitts
Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Xuling, what are the blue flowers in that first picture you posted?

Thanks!

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Are PB beautiful? And like all BI even more so when the sun is shining through them.

The Scapiosa is 'Pink Mist'.
The Blue flower is Penstemon 'Electric Blue'.

And No, I have never been to Napa Co. Iris Gardens.

Xuling

Bakersfield, CA

Check out their website sometime -- very large rhizomes and beautiful choices, I think.

www.napairis.com

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

thanks betja

Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

Do their TBs do well in other parts of the country? I know that they are based in CA.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you for the info, xuling!

Bakersfield, CA

Flower_addictnc, I don't know how they do in other parts of the country. Has anyone around the North Carolina area ordered from Napa Country Iris Garden and, if so, how did the plants hold up for you? Maybe you could check them out in he Garden Watchdog and see if there are people from around your area who were happy.

Also, for xuling, are you very far from Napa Valley? Napa Country now has their iris gardens open to visitors and I believe they sell them in pots right now too. I would really love to go up there to see it sometime because I really love some of the irises they have hybridized and there's a spot on their website that shows seedlings that might be introduced in the future -- some really fantastic flowers! And their website is one of the first to come up each year now, early to mid-February I believe. Oh yes, and I think they just had the Region 14 spring meetings there and Napa Country was the featured garden, so I bet their display gardens are really in beautiful shape this year...

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I have ordered from Napa Country in the past and was very pleased with the rhizomes. They were good sized and grew very well. I moved and couldn't take them with me so I don't have them any longer..... :( I am planning to order from them again....maybe next year.

Tomah, WI

I ordered from Napa last year. They sent VERY nice rhizomes that seem to be thriving here.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Napa Co is about 20 miles away over a windy road crossing a small mountain range; for me this road comes out at the northern end of Napa County.
Not a bad drive, just long. xuling

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Sounds like a lovely drive if you are not in a hurry. When in Napa, you should not be in a hurry. Beautiful Irises.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.