On my way to GEORGIA!

Warner Robins, GA(Zone 8b)

Hello everyone! I'm Maggie. I just joined DG last night...I'm already in love with this site! I'm currently in Alaska. My husband is USAF and we're being stationed in Warner Robins in mid June. I'm thrilled to have been introduced to DG by my cousin, Synda, and look forward to talking to new people. Have a wonderful day! :)

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Maggie...........aren't you glad I have gotten you hooked on a new thing...........ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!! Love you sweetie !

Thumbnail by synda

YES, I'M BEYOND EXCITED TO BE ON HERE! Thanks!!!! I love you too!!!!

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Great, and you already got a thread going!!1 That's great.. Welcome aboard.

Thank you so much! I'm sure I'll have many threads going before long....I'm FULL of questions!

We will be hear waiting to answer if we can.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I just happen to know a great gardening gal in Warner Robins! I have family there too. I think you'll like it there and here at DG too!!!! :)
WELCOME!!!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Welcome to Georgia and DG. Hope you will love both!

Brenda

Welcome to Georgia! Boy, you are sure going to find the change of climate a challenge! And I thought I had a learning curve just moving from Canada!!!

I know I did, I came from Missouri. It is a true learning experience but so worth it. Ain't goin back.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Maggie is my cousin,

What is so funny she grew up here in Ohio,moved to Texas when she got married to an Air Force fella,that's where he was stationed (he also is from Ohio).They went from Texas to Alaska,and by the way she was at the time 9 months pregnant at that time.......LOL.Now she is going to Georgia and is pregnant again.Needless to say this girl Loves an Adventure !!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

Evidently!!! She will love it down here. I do anyway.

I do love an adventure, but I must admit...I miss my family!!!! It will be fabulous to be a 12 hour drive away!

( Kris) Smiths, AL(Zone 8a)

Welcome Maggie, Glad to have you here!!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Maggie, You're gonna love DG. Sending you a big Welcome!
Susan

Waycross, GA(Zone 8a)

Welcome Maggie! I hope you love Georgia as much as the rest of us. I am a life-long Georgia girl and wouldn't trade it for anything!!!!

My son works in Warner Robins (for a contractor off base) and lives in Macon.

I hope to meet some of you in person once I get moved!! :)

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome, Maggie! I was born in the same town and in the same year that "Gone With the Wind" premiered. Southern to the core. Wouldn't be anywhere else! You will love Georgia and Dave's Garden. No doubt at some point you will get to meet these good people at a Roundup. They are some of the best!

Judy, I can't wait to attend my 1st roundup! That sounds like so much fun!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome from me too! Just ignore the one upmanship about who's more southern. Unless someone's from Key West, I win. I've lived here almost forty years but was born and raised on Miami Beach. Fahgettaboud my NY accent! LOL

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome to the land of the LONG gardening season! I grew up in WR, my dad was stationed there, and I consider it home. It was a great place to grow up (although I know it's grown a lot!). I'm sure your family will enjoy it.

It's great that you are adventurous and excited about new opportunities.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

The countdown for your move is on, Maggie, and it won't be much longer before you'll officially be a Georgia Peach.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Those of us Peaches who spent this steamy day in the garden are more like grapes (vinegar ones). I'm just coming in. Though I don't love to see my gardening days turn wet, they are good opportunities to rearrange and transplant. Carpe diem is my middle name!
Laurel Carpe Diem

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Maggie, I'm a little late, but not "The Late", Mike, and I say welcome to Georgia.You will find that there will be a humidity change, but we gardeners get more use to it, than those couch taters, who test the A/C.Nothing like Ga. growing. Mike

Thumbnail by mqiq77

You will learn to a headband or a hat fast. I'd be drowned if I didn't. Sometimes I wear both.

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

rides - thanks for the headband reminder. It takes that AND a hat for me to, well, not beat the heat and humidity -- just swim through it. :)

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, Charlene. Funny that you should mention a hat. I just bought one this year. Sure has been a life-saver during this heat! Came in last night and it was soaked! But nothing running down my face! yeaaa!

Sometimes I wear a bandana. That helps too.

If I didn't I'd fog my glasses up and drown. Can't see with foggy glasses.
Most morning I'll go out to see what is blooming in my gardens and take the camera ,
Even then it is pretty warm and the headband and hat come in pretty handy.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

We made it to WR yesterday....what a climate change! :)

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Maggie, well the good news is that it is exceptionally hot right now for June. Not good news for right now, but for the future. Welcome.

It will be a culture, shock, You ain't seen nothing yet!!!!! Soak it in and enjoy, Wait til you dream with an accent, then you know you have made it!!!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

I can't remember when it's been this hot in the middle of June. I went by Pike's on the way home from work and it was too hot to shop outside!! Maggie, I'm afraid your first summer here is going to be miserable. I'm a native and I can barely stand it. How did we live without air conditioning when we were kids?

It does make you wonder, doesn't it?? But we do a lot of things different than what we do now.

Blackshear, GA

Yea Maggie, you made it. Glad you are here. Definately, hotter than it usually is at this time. We have been having 115 with the heat index. Miserable!!!

Our youth group went whitewater rafting in Copperhill TN this past weekend, and the cabins we stayed in was NOT airconditioned and neither were the bathrooms. One small fan, talk about spoiled, I thought I wasn't going to make it. Nothing I hate worse is to take a shower and start sweating the minute you get out and can't get your clothes on because you can't get dry. My heart goes out to people who don't have A/C.

I am putting up peas and beans now, inside, and it is so hot. Just went and got a fan to blow on me. Everyone have a wonderful day!

It is warm, but I can't complain. I have 3.5 awesome, healthy, full of energy kids, an amazing husband, a Great Dane that I adore, and all the necessities in life. I can live with the heat. :)

Says the person coming from Alaska. I try to take the heat well, I think I do pretty good but it is the humidity that is killing me. I wish it was a TAD bit less warm than now. Mid 80's is as high as I really like it for good food and flower production here!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Welcome to Georgia, Maggie. I live just up the road in Lizella. Hope you are all settled in.
If you are interested, I belong to a wonderful garden club in Macon.
Elaine

Waleska, GA

Welcome to Georgia! Note: It is not usually this hot. Wait awhile. I am a late transplant from Texas( 4th generation). Moving from zone 8B to 7A. I am a Master Gardener and herbalist. You might check into local county agent office and get some good information on your area. Check this website:

http://www.caes.uga.edu/extension/county.cfm?CountyOfficeID=251

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

My sweet Maggie the motel living will stop soon and the house will come through...........I love and miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much ! Call me if you nee to vent,I'm always just a phone call away !!!

Love You All Cuz ~~

Thumbnail by synda
( Kris) Smiths, AL(Zone 8a)

Maggie, I have lost your phone #. So please call me if you still have mine or get it from Synda.. I have lots of stuff for you!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.