Morels in Ohio

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Wanted to share our finds from yesterday and guess this is the best place, don't we have a mushroom hunting forum anywhere?
Yellow sponge are out and abundant here :) We found 5 lbs. on May 2.

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Brunswick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm so jealous you lucky guy! I'm going tonight. Not very much luck so far where we hunt in Maryland (about an hour from Baltimore and DC). My mom and I went April 30 and only found about a dozen between us. Weather's been very inconsistent around here.

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I belong to 2 mushroom forums that are not on Dave's . Interested?
flicker

Syracuse, NY

I have never hunted for morels, but have found them from time to time. This year they showed up in out backyard.

Thumbnail by garyon
Syracuse, NY

Anyone know what this is?

Thumbnail by garyon
Syracuse, NY

another

Thumbnail by garyon
Syracuse, NY

These were a brighter red-orange than the picture shows. They're growing on a black walnut stump.

Thumbnail by garyon
Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

Ohiobreezy, those are unreal!!!! they look like they were in Alice's garden, i wish i could grow those here. I tried but you need to layer the ground with charcoal, wood chips and other stuff, keep it watered. I bought some spores and sprinkled them, but alas no go. I've heard they do well in East Wash, east oregon. but wouldn't know when and where to pick. we do have the giant Masatake which is considered a delecacy, good luck in your hunting, hostajim

Sparta , TN(Zone 7a)

we call those dry land catfish clean them real good with water soak them with water . rinse lil butter milk corn meal , salt , pepper, hot cast iron skilet and butter crisko and fry like fish . and lay your ears back and feast OOOHH talk about good eaten.

Thumbnail by Ret_Sgt_Yates

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.