If it's not too much trouble

Lake Charles, LA

I was wondering what your favorite bearded iris is? Some pictures look different than others, so I need suggestions. Thanks, Angela

Bakersfield, CA

That's easy -- my favorite is BRILLIANCE by Lesley Painter of Napa Country Iris. Incredible color and lots of ruffles!

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And you just know I can't stop there! My second favorite is PICTURE BOOK by Joe Ghio.

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And last, but definitely not least, is the new ADOREE by Barry Blyth! OK, I'll stop now -- but I really could go on and on...

Thumbnail by Betja
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

There are a lot that I just love but I think I will mention ATOMIC FLAME as my current fave because the colors are so unusual for an iris. Here it is from last year. I can't wait to see it bloom this year!

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here it is, again from last year, with a more typical iris shape. It often looks like the picture above though - kind of like a crazy looking Japanese iris.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Lake Charles, LA

Thank you, it's so hard to choose.

Cherryvale, KS

A very important question, how much do you want to spend?? There are alot of beautiful older iris that are cheaper, or a bunch of new ones that are expensive!!! pic Godess of Love

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

My favorite has a tendency to change as new ones open daily!! pic Dawning

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Cherryvale, KS

Pic Bamboo Shadows

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Lake Charles, LA

Those are gorgeous! I will most certainly start off with the least expensive ones.

Wiggins, MS(Zone 8b)

I wish I had acres of land to raise nothing but iris! All of the pics are so beautiful. Iris have long been my favorite flower and ya'll pics proved why.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

The one that first made me decide I needed to buy an iris when I was around 17 was Earthborn. I bought my first one (OK, three!) in 2008. I've been buying ever since--just getting to the point where I'm moving into SDB's, IB's and BB's. Actually joined the AIS on Friday:lol:

Here is Earthborn:

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I like the photo cept I'm not a great photographer and it's a bit blurry:lol:
This is a bit better...

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I really liked this one too.

Ascent of Angels

Thumbnail by dmac085
Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Ascent of Angels is gorgeous! I love that one.....but I'm some what partial to the blue ones anyway!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I really like the darker stripe down the center of the falls. I love any mid tone/bright blue to almost black/blue so I have to be careful I don't only pick those:lol:

Lake Charles, LA

They are all so gorgeous!

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Betja- You have the most beautiful iris. At least I don't have to go bonkers wanting Brilliance because you posted a picture somewhere of one blooming and I knew Mid America had it. I ordered it with my Mid America order. But your p[icture is even better than theirs.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

that's a tough one...so hard to pick but I must say Connection look great this year

Thumbnail by bigred
Lake Charles, LA

pretty

South Hamilton, MA

??????????? How well do bearded irises grow in your area? I would first check out favorites which are from gardens closer to you in climate. Have you ever tried Louisiana irises? different look but native to your climate.

Lake Charles, LA

The bearded do well here. Actually, I do have some siberian irises and walking irises. Thank you

Gainesville, TX

I have a new favorite daily. This one, "Ruling Lord" today cause it was a Mother's day gift a couple of years back from one of my sweet daughters

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Lake Charles, LA

That's a nice one

Gainesville, TX

or this one from yet another daughter

I really enjoy my 4 daughters

Wearing Rubies

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I really love Wearing Rubies.......so much that I ordered it!

Gainesville, TX

if you prefer bolder colors

Striped Tiger

Gainesville, TX

rock star is a beauty

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Ordered Rock Star too!

Gainesville, TX

here's a beauty

Moroccan Magic

Gainesville, TX

this will be my favorite for today

Scottish Reel

Gainesville, TX

do you like Reds

Dynamite

Bakersfield, CA

Love Dynamite! And I think you'd really like Nebraska Big Red too. It's a darker without the hint of brown.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Dynamite is outstanding! Love that color!

Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

Hmmm....well I just started this year with 43 TB iris. So far, my favorites have been Tumalo Sunset, Presby's Crown Jewels, Afternoon Delight, Megabucks.....I could go on and on :) Tumalo Sunset is great due to brilliant color, large flowes, and taller height. Presby's Crown Jewels had nice large flowers. I love the bright colors with unusual pairings so Afternoon Delight, and Megabucks. I love Awesome Blossom's form. Gotta love the ruffles!

Megabucks

Thumbnail by Flower_addictnc
Bakersfield, CA

This one just popped open this morning, and it was a bonus plant from Mid-America Garden last year.

FRENCH RIVIERA

Thumbnail by Betja
Lake Charles, LA

They are all so pretty.

South Hamilton, MA

favorite Billie the Brownie Miniature tall--picture in plant files a bit bright I don't have it in my computer.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Minnesota Mixed-up Kid

Thumbnail by bigred

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.