May 2010

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Nice Pansies still keep blooming long time since the last snow melt... Mums start to growing and all of it still alive I though it will die and dried so it come back alive... Well, I didn't plant tomatoes until storm is over first then today after the phone line repair for sure... Got Potatoes growing white, blue and red...
Raspberry still growing much better then Ju ate some of the leaves! Hey! Bad girl! So that why I put up the poultry netting so I have get more for 2 raised beds...that will help keep rabbit out I have 1 rabbit live under my garden shed that Rusty chase it... Also, hawk make nest on my tree that all the broken branches keep falling down on ground that Ju grab the stick and chew it...

Pansy red with yellow...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Pepper, you got some neat plants! I've always liked the Bears Breeches, but it's a bit cold here for them. I'll have to look up the Red Threads. The rest, yep, I like! I don't blame you on wanting help with the tulips. It takes so long to do.

Happ, I hope her knee can be done quickly and painlessly. She has a plateful!

Rusty, beautiful pansey! Thanks for the new thread! I'm laughing, you have a lot going on in your yard! I imagine one of these days the hawk will get the rabbit.

This hatched out yesterday.

Thumbnail by billyporter

Billy~ I'm planting them out in 2 shade flower borders in the backyard and in a container on the front porch. They are teeny tiny and probably wont make a visual impact till June. I really mean teeny teeny tiny!

Everyone is so busy planting out.. I hope to be done with my yard projects by mid- May so I can just relax with a book and a nice glass of iced tea in the shade. I know that gardening is never really done because then a new wave of weeding will and vegetable sowing will come along....

Rusty~ like the red and yellow pansy.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Climber rose...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Yellow iris...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Peach iris...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I can't remember the name that rose which I got from Arbor's Tree...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I got everything phone, internet and tv also got trouble to see the tv caller id none...
So, got fix plugs right and it's all done... phew! Right now, it raining! So, I can't plant tomatoes until I put up the poultry netting first then for sure tomorrow will be nice!

Climber rose

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Rusty~Thanks for the gorgeous roses and glad you're trouble free!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Here's my loot. This one focuses on my Bear's Breeches to give you a good idea of what it looks like.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Full view. The orange flowers behind the crazy plant are my new dahilas that I got at HD. I'm just gonna grow them as an annual since I don't think I can get it to bloom again next year. LOL

Baptisa on left, then the red threads, hardy orchid, monarda in there somewhere.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

Rusty - Love your irises, pansy, and roses! My irises are just starting to bloom.

Pepper - Sounds like you got some interesting plants. Nice that you work at PG and can get the employee/volunteer plant sale.

Happ - I still have a bunch of stuff to plant, too. Got a few things in today, but it started raining a bit this afternoon. It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, so I'll probably be waiting again for dry ground.
We have a huge pile of leaves to burn, too, and have been waiting for a "burn day." Between the wind and the rain, I don't know if we'll ever get one. :-[
Hope things go well with your mom. Sorry that she is in pain.

Billy - You're just a young'un! I'll be 54 this year... but I'm way younger than that in my mind. LOL Sounds like you'll be having lots of pies this winter! Nice picture of the butterfly!

DebbieLou - I like "green mulch" too. I have lots of Bronze Beauty ajuga and some squaw weed in my wild area, too. I have a rock garden out front full of creeping thyme and dianthus. The dianthus is in bloom right now. I'll have to take a picture. It's beautiful this year. I have some wild petunias that show up in unexpected places. If you are going to the RU this year, I'd love to have a blackberry lily start. :-)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Dwarf Bearded Iris, pictures from the past week

Eyebright

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Next - Making Eyes

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Next - big clump of Grape Orbit

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Dot Com

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Prank

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Autumn Jester

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Jive

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hottentot

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Dollop

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Clash

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

And, finally, Puddy Tat

I wish we could attach more than one photo onto a message

Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

OMG, Cybrczch what beautiful iris! I kept opening them up going down the list, saying oh I love that one, oh this is my favoritie, then I would open the next and say the same thing! LOL

Rusty, I have never planted Pansies, I love looking at them in the store. Don't know why I have never done them.

Pepper those little dahlias I have used in an old wheen barrel and they just bloomed their hearts out!

ImaMes and DebbieLou, I have green "mulch" but I may have made a big mistake....so help me if you can. One of the MG's gave me some strawberries last year, I didn't have anywhere to put them, so I put them in the flower bed.......now they are spreading. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I don't want them to kill my flowers but they sure are happy.....

I didn't garden at all. DH got me up at 4am to drive to Lawrence KS for a swap meet. I found some great stacking baskets, that have lots of slits in them and I think they will be perfect for drying dahlias and cannas in and wintering them over. Then I got one of those torches you hookup to a propane tank to burn weeds out of the driveway and such. DH is going to mount it on a dolly for me. I also bought a pair of pliers with bright orange handles to pull weeds with, hopefully I wll be able to find these when I sit them down...LOL Didn't get any gardening done, so look out tomorrow, I will be a crazy person....lol We walked from about 6:30 to after 12......my tootsies aren't use to that....LOL Took a nap when we got home around 2pm and now I am wide awake......

Sleep tight everyone.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Garden6, I relaxed in my chair with iced tea yesterday....with my notes from last year of things I need to do!!! Then I weeded :o)

Rusty, those are all beautiful! I can't wait to see the last rose open it's blooms!

Pepper, yeah, gotta love the Breeches! I would have gone for the Dahlias too. They are pretty! I have two, deep blue Baptisia and I love them! I love Monardas too! I've never tried an orchid.

ImaMes, a young'un :o) Rock garden pics please!

Cybrczch, what a wonderful collection of little iris!! All gorgeous! Out of those, I have Hottentot.

Happ, I've had pansies occasionally, but this year, after seeing Rusty's, I had to get some :o) Sounds like DH had some serious shopping to do.

I mowed yesterday, and not a day too soon. It was thick! I weeded and I puttered. We had 1-6/10'' rain, so it's too wet to put cabbage out. I'm glad I didn't do it yet. It would have been pounded into the ground with the rains we had. Today, the sun is shining. We had a pass over rain in the night and a 70% chance today. I don't see any rain.

DH polished up the old car and I'm betting it's a Sunday drive later.

I'll try and post my mini iris too, when I have time.

Camdenton, MO(Zone 6a)

Cybrczech - Wow! What beautiful irises! I did the same thing Happ did. Couldn't decide on a favorite. I love irises and have lots of tall beardeds and one Japanese, but no dwarf iris. I'll have to look into getting some... first, a place to put them.... LOL

Happ - Sounds like you had a looooong day! But a worthwhile one. Easy for me to say... I'm not the one who walked for six hours. LOL I'll have to look into one of those torches. Right now I use Roundup on my driveway, which works great but I don't really like to use chemicals.
Not sure about the strawberries. Most strawberry beds I've seen are pretty thick, but I'm not sure if they would kill your flowers. Are they cultivated or the native "barren" ones?

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I work on 2 raised beds that I put u-turn 3' poles and poultry netting so I can plant my tomatoes each beds... Dogs goes crazy and playing around while I fix the poultry netting boy they having a good time chase around the garden shed like greyhound race! lol...then run up and down the fence which 2 dogs next doors...

2 days very slowly to bloom still partly clouds...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Ok, my irises now. LOL. Not all are blooming yet but some are. Most have names but I'm not sure what all the names are anymore. LOL. I call them Doc Henderson irises since I got them from him.

This is Jesse's Song or it's twin. I have that one in this bed somewhere. LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23

That one is very pretty pepper. I just have a few blooming. I took some pics today. By tomorrow it ought to look really good.

An oldie that I got from my grandma when we moved in.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Those are always precious.

I think this one is Aura Light.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Last one might actually be Luminosity. Happ, can you look that one up for me and see if it's similar? Site is slow for me today. :~( Thanks!!

This one is next to it and called Billionare. It actually still has it's tag. LOL

Hit button too soon.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Another Doc iris.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Another Doc iris

Thumbnail by pepper23

Another oldie from my grandma.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Last one!! Another one my grandma gave me but it's not quite as old. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Hi all! I see everybody has been busy! Wow, only May 2nd and there is 33 posts already in the May thread!
The more posts the better. : ) I've been building a 6 foot long planter for the deck side. I plan on putting some
Sweet Peas in it that I started from seed. I'm pretty close to being done on it, I just need
to paint it and prolly the hardest part - mounting it on the side of the deck on a ladder! lol
I got a couple before and "almost after" photo below, well actually one "photo"
that I put 2 photos in. You guy's sure uploaded some pretty photos of flowers.
I got a Coleus from Wally World today, this one was labeled..lol It is 'Florida City Yalaha'.
It was $3 at Wally World, not a bad buy but it shows how decent the $3.99
hanging planter Coleus buy at Sutherlands was.

It's photo is in the next post.
Hehe, your phone was out billy? That vine don't go to Iowa! lol
I know this is a dumb question, but what is "green mulch", sounds interesting.
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Heres the Coleus that I got from Walmart today.

Thumbnail by shortleaf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.