The brightest pink TB

Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

I don't tend to order pink TB iris as I have trouble finding a cultivator with a bright pink. A majority of pinks I see in photos tend to be a paler, light pink. I have been searching, but haven't come up with many. In general, I tend to love the bright iris. Which ones are a bright pink?

Thanks so much!

Danielle

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hello Danielle,

Almost all of the pink I know of are either of the pale variety (I have Kitty Kay) or they lean toward the mauve/burgandy/magenta. Here is one I have on my want list I hope to get someday. It's called 'Rose Princess' and it's available at Wild Iris Rows for $3.
the Standards are a pale pink, but the falls are of a rosy dark pink. I personally think it's lovely and hope you like it too. I'm sure others here can find more for you :)
Anyway, here's the link to a pic...
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/7966/
And here's the link to where you can get it...
http://www.wildirisrows.com/alpha-catalog.html

This message was edited Apr 29, 2010 11:15 PM

This message was edited Apr 29, 2010 11:17 PM

Bakersfield, CA

I love the pinks, but it's true that none I am aware of fall into the "bright pink" shades. However, there are three that I think are worthy of note. The first leans a little in the purple-pink direction.

ANYTHING GOES

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

Next is one that is a brighter, truer pink than most, and in cooler weather it can look a little darker. I have two pictures.

OKAPI POPPY

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

OKAPI POPPY again.

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And here is a newer one from Joe Ghio that I think is really beautiful. None of these are really bright pink, but they are very pretty! That ROSE PRINCESS looks really nice too.

STAR APPEAL

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

STAR APPEAL again.

Thumbnail by Betja
Cherryvale, KS

I don't have a picture of my old iris that is bright pink and it is raining so I can't check the name. I'll do it later! pic First Reunion

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh my, they are all beautiful! I have some pinks to add to my list now! That is interesting that there isn't a true bright pink. I love the ones with the purple or orange tones too. I was looking at my list of what I have this year, and I realized I only have one or two pinks.

Taylorsville, KY

If you can find "Ovation" it is a truly bright pink. So is "Too Sweet", "Entice", "Magical Encounter", "Pagan Pink", "Passion for Pink" and "She's All That". But "Ovation" is the most saturated pink I have ever seen -- it is just hard to find.

Sue

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I would have to go with Ovation also. I saw it years ago in a Schrieners catalog and fell in love with the color and have never seen anything like it since.

Vail, AZ

Fire Bride from cooley's

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Vail, AZ

Prissy Miss

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Danielle,

Here's a thread I did some time ago, when I was looking for bright pink irises. Some good ideas on there.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/685450/?hl=flamingo+pink+iris

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.