TB Iris with large flowers

Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

Hello,

I am looking for everyone's advice on TB iris that have large flowers. What cultivator's have large flowers?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I saw that Blue J had that noted--click on Jumbo. Lots already sold out for this season.

La Mer
Banana Frappe
Space Viking
Touch Up

I've also seen mention elsewhere (don't ask where but I've looked for large flowered iris before:) of T-rex and Autumn Thunder having larger flowers.

Hope that gives you a good start!

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

well I have Jurassic Park, and I declare the blooms this year are the biggest on any iris I have ever seen. Just humongous! Maybe it just likes where it's at I guess.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Here's a few: Matt McNames, Blueberry Bliss, Dynamite, Awesome Blossom, Tempting Fate.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

My Best Bet has really large blooms too.

Cherryvale, KS

Rippling River is large.

Thumbnail by NickysIris
Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks guys, you are all the best! I have Best Bet, and Awesome Blossom. The last one hasn't bloomed yet though.

Presby's Crown Jewels has large blooms too. It opened a few days ago, and is one of my faves!

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

This TB has the largest flowers I have ever seen. Unfortunately, it was sent as Lady Friend, which of course it is not, and I don't know what it is. No one here has been able to ID it. I do keep hoping someone will recognize it, especially since the flowers are HUGE.

Linda

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa

Here is another shot of the large flowered Not Lady Friend.

This message was edited Apr 30, 2010 6:33 PM

Opps, forgot to send the picture!

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Blueberry Bliss (planted 2008) bloomed for me this spring and not only were the flowers huge, top to bottom of flower about 5 inches, the stalks were really thick and sturdy for being as tall as they were. That one is most definitely a keeper and the blue color is really vivid.
Gonna have to resize my photos so I can post them--sounds like a weekend project:lol:

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

In our area, William Setchell is always BIG! Banana Frappe and Perfect Pout, both Burseens were BIG. Skate Party is a huge totally white iris in my garden this year.

Thumbnail by Pegwesttx
Vail, AZ

Grand Classic, Tasco, 2007

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Vail, AZ

About Town, Blyth, 1996

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Bakersfield, CA

You can't go wrong with Yaquina Blue. Very large ruffled flowers - former Dykes Medal winner...

Thumbnail by Betja
Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh I love, that last one!!! Going on my list.....such a nice blue too!

DH just really noticed my TB iris blooming. He said that one is pretty, and then wow they're all really pretty :) His favorite was Sultan's Palace, the dark red.

Bakersfield, CA

If you decide you want Yaquina Blue, there are only two nurseries I've found that still offer it (it's an older iris) and are not already sold out: Schreiner's ($12.50) and Superstition ($3.00). I know Superstition still had it available as of this morning because I just emailed them and added three plants to my order for a friend of mine. Blue J Iris also carries it but is already sold out. Hope you can get it, as it is a really gorgeous iris. And the other blue I really like is Baja Blue, also a Schreiner's iris. It also has larger flowers, actually is a little bluer, but with not as many ruffles. Very pretty though. Happy hunting!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Wild Iris Rows also has Yaquina for $3. I've ordered twice from Greg--late almost end of season (Aug/Sept) and he still filled my order:) Need to order this weekend now that I think about it:lol:

Link to the "Blue" catalog list.

http://www.wildirisrows.com/text-catalog.html#blue

Valdese, NC(Zone 7a)

I was just about to say Wild Iris has it. If still in stock. I went and checked my usual haunts for that iris :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.