CLOSED: Triple Datura blooms - - Black Currant Swirl seeds offered

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Triple bloom Datura seeds - - Black Currant Swirl  (Datura metel 'Black Currant Swirl)   offered for SAE + postage or for good trades.

Plant info:  http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/49910/

NOTE:   All parts of this plant are toxic.  Take precautions when handling any parts of DATURA plants; wash hands thoroughly afterward.  Seeds are highly poisonous when ingested - so, DON'T EAT DATURA SEEDS!  Well, alrighty then - - Thanks.

Interested in trading?   My WANT list ==>   http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/list.php?list=want&member=LazLo

Until the thread is closed, yes, I have more Black Currant Swirl Datura seeds left, and yes, I will send a packet to you . . . Btw, each packet will contain a minimum of 24 seeds.   When germinated using ground cinnamon as a natural anti-fungal agent, I have experience an 85% germination rate in comparison with 2009 when their germination rate was just 65% without using cinnamon.

What I need from you:

A self-addressed business-size envelope (SAE) or a self-addressed bubble envelope (SABE) enclosed with 74˘ in LOOSE U.S. postage stampsPlease do not affix the postage to your return envelope.  Thank you.

Mark the lower left corner on the outside of your enclosed return envelope with the letters:   B C S so that I might keep my drift factor low - -  Thank you!   ;--)

My postal address == >   http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=LazLo

If you can't see the DG address exchange, send a DMail for my postal info,
using this link == >   http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo   and request my postal mailing address.

The accompanying photo was taken by me ! .

A T B T Y !       ~       ŁazŁo     ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Orangeburg, SC

Hi, Lazlo, I'd like to try the triple datura. My doubles have germinated and I can't wait for them to bloom. Sending you a SASE. What do I have to trade with the King of Seeds? I don't have anything on your want list.

Deebie

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Deebie - well, there's always Iris virginica or Salvia farinacea 'Victoria Blue' - both of which I can sew in the fall.

Orangeburg, SC

Lazlo, I'm new at collecting seeds, but I will try to locate and collect them. If I don't succeed, I will send you a salvia plant. I absolutely love the color. I've never seen seed pods on the iris, but then again, I've never looked for them. If I spot them, I will be more than happy to share. Happy Gardening!

Deb

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

< bump >

Orangeburg, SC

I thought it was here that I posted that I have some seed pods of blue flag iris tagged for you. But it must be in another d-mail. I'd never paid much attention to them before, and I have lots of seed pods this year. I'm waiting for them to ripen, they're still green. I'll d-mail you when I'm ready to mail them.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

thanks Deebie

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm so bummed- I sowed a whole bunch of these seeds in the fall, but nothing ever came up. Maybe the squirrels dug them all up or something. :(

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

mine bloomed, i have the white up and going, hope to get more red, now.. ;)

Thumbnail by joeswife
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Are there any of these still available :) I'm just starting out so I'm sure that is nothing of mine you want :( I do have some columbine seeds and "red barbini" dianthus that I just harvested this past week.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Quoting:

Until the thread is closed, yes, I have more Black Currant Swirl Datura seeds left, and yes, I will send a packet to you . . .

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

tons of these left . . .

Cherry Valley, IL(Zone 5a)

Just wondered if these are in your mystery mix at all (just to make sure I'm cautious since they're poisonous) - thanks!!!

Cherry Valley, IL(Zone 5a)

Not sure, but don't think my first post posted...

Wondered if these are in your 'mystery mix' at all (Just so I can be cautious since you said they are poisonous).

Thanks!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

not necessarily Black Currant Swirl datura seeds, though that is possible. there are datura seeds in the Mystery Mix . . . some are Datura inoxia -aka- Sacred Datura . . . . a few others may be Triple Yellow datura
most datura seeds look like these . .

This message was edited Jun 24, 2010 11:08 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

I am interested, also in your trumpet vine 'Red Sunset'
can I paypal enough for postage & envelope?

thanks Cristy

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Cristy -

using PayPal for getting the seeds domestically from me is a bit heavy but you can do that. i usually only use PayPal for gardeners living outside the US and its territories because they usually do not have access to US postage stamps and PayPal doesn't rob either party for doing a currency exchange.

honestly, you should just send a couple of 'Forever' stamps with your address - it is so much easier. that said, you can go ahead with using PayPal - - please be sure to select the 'personal transaction' option instead of marking it as an auction or business transactions, else they take a big bite of the funds you transmit . . . on my end. my PayPal account address coming to you in DMail.

i will add a nice packet of the Red Sunset trumpet vine seeds, too.

ATBTY !

~ ŁazŁo

Thumbnail by LazLo
Seabrook, NH(Zone 5b)

I'm interested and will send a SAE with loose stamps right away to you if that's ok.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

s'OK

Thumbnail by LazLo
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi Lazlo, I didn't tell you here I got your seeds, thanks so much for the extras, and please check your dmail! Thanks
Debra

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I am interested in the seeds as well.... do I just send an envie & stamps to ya? is there anything in my HAVE list that would be of interest to you?? ((since I'm mailin' that way anyhow's))

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Hello, Tiffanie !

Fuscia four-o'clocks may make a remarkable addition to one of my full sun beds. If that's unavailable, can I dicker for one of your fern-leaf aralia (Polyscias filicifolia)? Nothing else needed if we trade.

ATBTY !       ~       ŁazŁo    ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a few Fushia Four O'clock seeds... actually can send you a couple plants! I also have white Four O'clocks and yellow ones too...

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

well, YIPEE! . . . would you like either a Pride of Barbados baby plant or a Lion's Tail baby plant (or both)?

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

well both if you can share... I'll send you a couple plants and seeds too! Still want the Araliaceae Polyscias filicifolia, too?!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Tiffanie - you got 'em - - will package them up this mornin' . . . and, goodness gracious, yes! i am such a botanical piglet !!!   LOL !

Thumbnail by LazLo
Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

Lazlo, I prefer to ship on Mondays or Tuesdays only...have had bad luck with weekend shipping, ok. ((btw...can I still get some of the Black Currant Swirl seeds))? I have white started, just got three lil' ones that finally sprouted.

Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

Of course I sent the $ prior to reading the post here.. but there was extra, hope it makes it worth it on your end, if not please let me know!
Cristy

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Cristy - do your Convallaria majuscula come white or pink? if pink, i'd like to discuss trading for them, etc. in private DMail.

Belleville, MI(Zone 6a)

sorry, just white. just traded for another 'rosa' though, it won't be ready this year.

Seabrook, NH(Zone 5b)

Received the seeds, your very generous....thank you :-))
Rayann

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Sending SAE with BCS in the corner (almost posted to ask what that means but figured it out; duh!) and loose postage. Thank you for doing this.

Denise

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.