I won! I won!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

For the first time ever in my membership with the Saugus Garden Club I won a raffle prize!!!! And it was the very raffle prize I wanted to win!!!!
We had our annual open meeting and lecture by Pernell Gerver who donated a tree peony to the raffle table. I think I won because many members don't do heavy duty gardening any more and some didn't know what a prize it really was! So not too many people put tickets into the drawing for it. It is P. suffructosa a yellow one. I can't wait to get it into the ground. My neighbor has 8 flower buds on hers this year, up from two flowers last year. I can't wait to see it bloom.
I can't believe I actually won it!
Martha

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

Congrats! I have a tree peony and love it!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's great.. congratulations!!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Hooray! Congrats to you. That tree peony is going to have a really good home.

You didnt win, The peony won, a very good home!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Congrats!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yippee! That is a prize!!!! yellow ones are rare and usually $$!!Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I just discovered the place to put it today. But it is too windy to plant anything outside. so it is sitting in the unheated entryway to my kitchen which actually gets a bit of morning sun. I will take a picture and post it soon.
Martha

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that is great martha!! love it that you are so excited.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Cool - congrats!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Congrats!

Thomaston, CT

Happy for you, Martha!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Way to go, Martha!! That's a wonderful prize! Congratulations!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Martha, the ONE time I thought I won something, it turned out to be my cousin who is also C. Lamont (at the same school). Bully for you! Please do post.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

My tree peony bloomed its two blossoms. they were open for about 10 days! they are fragrant, but I don't think as fragrant as the herbaceous kind, but it was pretty breezy up here so that could have carried off the scent. I will now proceed to plant it in its selected spot. The stem looks like it has some leaf buds ready to pop out when I get it in the ground. I can't wait for next year!
Oh, and the part about yellow flowers is not completely the case. They are, however, a beautiful combo of yellow center petal with a blended pink edge. Gorgeous in its own right, but not a completely yellow flower. I am not disappointed. They were huge and gorgeous.
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Gorgeous!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That is SO exciting gardenmart. Glad it is so healthy and can't wait to hear how it does next year!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

picture?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOOHOO!!!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

ooh yes. I have on on my phone. I will download it off of there tonight.
Martha

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Please!!!! Can't wait...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.