Plant Swap- May 15, 2010 RU-Part 2

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Just want to make sure I find this again.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Reprint:
JerI, PLEASE, may I have any Gaura that you have & would like to get rid of????
I think Whirling Butterflies is one, if not the greatest, natural wild 'WEED' we have!!!
:~)

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Jeri - is that Root Beer plant a shade plant? If it is the same thing I found in plant files, I would love a start of it, if you have enough.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Good morning Em!!! Yes the root beer plant does take shade but can acclimate to some sun.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/530/

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Just marking the thread....... only a little over 2 weeks away ..... :)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Will you all please check my list and see if I have your name on everything you wanted from me? Also, if there are any of you who want anything that is not taken,(there will be a number with no name beside it), please let me know. I am going to close my list after Sat., May 1st because I will be going to my daughter's for Mother's Day for a few days. As soon as I get home from her house I will be getting my suitcase packed to come to Jeri's so I won't have time to be digging and potting any more plants after Saturday. Thank you!

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Marilyn - I'd like a Big Dipper EE if no one else wants it. I see you asked for a Calidora from someone else. Do you want two? I have one no one has asked for. The EE's that are coming back seem to all be Mirandas. I had at least 5 or so diff ones back there, not sure if the others will come back or not at this point. But I will be you Miranda.

edited to say - huh? "I will be you Miranda"? LOL I meant of course to say I will bring you some Miranda -

This message was edited Apr 28, 2010 11:43 AM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Emily, I'll take the Calidora EE if nobody else asks for it but Sandi is bringing me one so if anybody else wants yours, go ahead and give it to them. I'll put your name on a Big Dipper. :o))

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Jeri - yes that is the plant file I looked at - perfect for my way too shady yard - if you still have some, please put me down. Thanks!

Marilyn - I will put your name by it, no one else expressed an interest.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

marsue...if you still have the Shasta daisy, purple coneflower, and tall pink phlox...I have a home for them... just didn't want to ask for anything else....but if you're closing the gate.....I'd appreciate 'em! And I found you a Chicago Harlequin EE if you want it.

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I`m interested in any kind of bedding plants like impatiens,different kinds of hostas and lilies. I have some crinum lilys waiting for them to bloom so I can put in the colors. I should post pictures of the water iris just to tempt people to take them.

Karen

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes I'm sure they would be gonners with pictures Karen.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Emily, for the Calidora EE.

Sandi: I will put your name on a coneflower, Shasta daisy and pink phlox. Yes, I would like the EE, thank you.

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Karen - would you want some Easter Lilies?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Marilyn! And I'll remember the EEs.

Since it has warmed up my rose cuttings have died. I will have to take those off the list. Everything else looks like it will make to the RU.

Ems- would love it if those easter lilies would live and stay around for me. I have planted and planted those and they bloom beautifully(I love them too) and then to my disappointment they promptly disappear never to return. I don`t know if a critter is eating them or what. I wish some of the weeds would disappear like that.LOL!!! The crinum lilies are always staying put so I have started collecting those a little more.

Marsue,I`ll take any leftovers. There is always somewhere I can plant things around here.

Riverland - Theblueish iris in the other thread is Sinfonietta and a newbie to my garden I bought last year. I will share this one in future RUs if it will multiply for me in the next year aftter it gets established.

The iris I do have up for grabs at the RU is one I think came from you. Do you reecognize this picture? It is a huge bloom 6 in and is lavender.The picture isn`t doing it justice either. This is a big frilly bloom that gets attention.

Thumbnail by gardener2005
(Becky) Colmesneil, TX(Zone 8b)

aww Karen.. I think I NEED that Iris.... she is gorgeous!! Please look over my list... hopefully I have some stuff you might be interested in!

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Karen - this is the second year for the E. lilies - and boy did they multiply! These haven't bloomed yet - they are planted in an area that no longer gets sun since johnny put up the shed. I'll bring you some and hopefully you will at least get one year of blooms out of them. I have some crinums that were here when I moved in 3 years ago and they still haven't bloomed - just not enough sun I think.

Got you down for the iris Becky. I`d like the versa crimson coleus and a Althea. Karen

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

If anybody has any cute yard art, I'm wanting to get more to fill my yard.

I got this cute little lady bug in Memphis at the pottery place, I just love it.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

Got you down Karen... thanks!!

Kathy Ann.. I sooo love yard art too.. that is a really cute lady bug!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, I was out in the hospital ward, and found some things that I don't need.

all in pots already,

4 lady in red hydrangea all coming back from last years rooting
one extra naples tb iris potted up
one lost tag potted iris, i'm sure its a nice one , just lost the tag. doubt I will be able to name it for you later though.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kathy Ann, I'll take a Lady in Red Hydrangea and the Naples iris, please. and thank you.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I also have 4 potted up already gone through shock Rice paper plant, they wilt severely but these are showing new growth and not wilting any longer. This is all I have potted, but I have more, they will be severely wilted though if I pot more, they won't have time to recover good, but will probably still live.

I also have these, I think leeks but not sure, I need to find out, how can I find out? anybody know?

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i'll put you down Marilyn.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Leeks are a type of onion, right? Maybe you post it over on the veggie forum, if there is one, and somebody could ID it for you.
I have one of your rice paper plants which I haven't put in the ground yet, KA. I will give it to whoever wants it because I have decided it is not what I thought it was (can't remember why I asked for it--LOL)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn how come you didn't ask for a bombast poppy? I figured you and charlotte would want those.

Just wondering. I know you don't have room for everything. LOL

I'm about to go find the herb forum and post that picture above and another picture of what might be garlic, and see which is garlic and whichis leeks, I'd like to start using them, I dug all these up last year and danny saw me dumping them and he transplanted them out at the edge of the woods, and they are all about to take over the woods now. so I figured I'd better find out if they are leeks or garlic, I had both at one time

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, so we have 5 rice paper plants to give away, one from marilyn and 4 from me. I do have them coming up 4 foot away from the origianal plant I planted a couple years ago.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

ok, here's the thread, maybe I can tell the difference so ya'll can have either leeks or garlic.http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1092755/

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I had sown some poppy seeds last fall but evidently none of them has come up or if they did, I thought they were weeds and pulled them up! If you have a bombast poppy left, I will take one of those, too, Kathy Ann.

edited to add: your link isn't working--probably didn't leave enough space before you pasted the link

This message was edited Apr 29, 2010 2:12 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL i've done that myself. but it's easy to see which are the bombast poppies, I did probably pull up any of the nicotiana though thinking they were weeds, i'll put you down for one

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

KA I would love one of your hydrangeas please. Thanks!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Got cha down,

2 left.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I just updated everybody's want list that youwant from me, so take a look, to see if i've forgotten anything, I'm going to be potting things up this weekend and labeling them.

Kathy Ann.. can I get a hydrangea from you please?

Slidell, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks KA!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Got cha down Beck, your very welcome Emily!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Hydrangea pleez!

I have a few Ric Rac orchid cuttings rooted if anyone wants one

This message was edited Apr 29, 2010 4:35 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I put you down sandi

one left.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.