Helping out Seniors for Reduced Rent

Maple, ON

Hi I need some one elses insight and opinion

First the basement apartment I am living in Is like living in Hell , almost every week-end the father gets drunk has friends over and they are loud , They ruined Easter for me with their friends they had over kids running back and forth, noise , having to hacve cars moved in order to get out (mind You I leaned on the doorbell 7 times ) Etc Not to mention during the week all the noise starts at 9:30 and continues to 12 + '

I have the opportunity to leave and move into a bigger place ,The Rub is in order to rent this apartment part of the tenants responsibilities include doing chores for their parents
the parents are 80+ the father uses a Wheelchair and is blind in 1 eye not to mention deaf
the mother is 80 + as well slight build and has something wrong with her arm
anyway what i was told needed to be done to help them out was to put out the garbage
and pick-up items they might need at the store , We spoke on Sunday and the daughter said that If I decided to take it she would charge me the same price I am paying now for a bigger apartment than I have now, She also said that the father wanted to be paid for this apartment under the table (Cash) she is on a trip until Mothers day week-end so she told me to think about it and we would talk about it then ,What I would like to know is this

Is there anything I need to be aware of in taking this responsibilty
What questions should I ask
Any problems you can see with this arrangement ?

As much as I want out of my present situation ,I don't want to make my problems bigger getting into something more complicated

I will be working , and the Rent is 800.00 per month

Let me know your thoughts

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!