Today's Weather in Your Garden - 68

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My gosh I was out there for not even an hour...sweating to death!!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Breeze is picking up now. No ac yet.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Celeste - Hayden is so cute! Please wish her a happy birthday!!! That makes 3 of us with grands named Hayden.......ours is a boy though. I can see those gorgeous eyes in a purple dress!

A/C on here today too! Had to scramble to put the a/c units in!

We worked outside most of the day putting in the fence to contain the explorers who love to run at top speed! LOL I'll post a shot once we get the worksite cleaned up some. I like it a lot!

Stay cool all!

Getting dark. T-storms are possible soon.

Fredericton N B, Canada(Zone 4a)

Today Fredericton was the honest spot in Canada. 28.6C .I was out giving plants to a novice gardener from my garden.The soil was very dry like powder in spite of the rain we had last week. Thunder showers tonight and rain tomorrow. We need a good soaking

Thomaston, CT

Could use rain here also.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Currently 70, it was very humid all day. Got some plants planted, veggies tomorrow.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well it poured here overnight... I am glad... we needed it too... 71 now going to 81... looks like more thunderstorms can happen today

Another night windows open and fans on. Climbing into the 80's today. Is this a taste of what is to come in July?

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Yesterday was really way too hot so early in the season. Overnight and this morning we are getting some needed rain. You can almost here the plants saying ahhhh. Still 66 degrees at present with a light southerly wind. Sun should return later today and there is a chance of a t-storm late this afternoon.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

pouring again now

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

69 this moring and sticky humid

Raining and 68. Very humid.

Of course there was a downpour as the bus came. Things look very green and lush.

and mosquitos!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

73 and very sticky. The HVAC guy needs to come and get the new AC going. Way too hot and humid yesterday. Several days ago I had put some sheets over my peas and kole crops to shade them. I need to get some shade cloth on my list.

I really wish my ac system had a setting for just dehumidifying. I assume the newer ones do. Ridiculous when the temp is okay but it's just grossly humid that you have to make it even colder or the system cycles off. Dumb.

holy cow - drip drip drip drip.... No sun yet even.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

71*F and still dripping from last nights soaking rains. The rain was welcome but the delays it causes are not. Guess I can muck out the pond and shovel gravel out of the driveway. Sure wish I'd have gotten my glads and cannas in for the rain. Ric

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

66°, wind SSW 6mph, Rh 67%, periods of rain, - heavy at times.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Here too Victor, started to downpour right before the bus came.

I "think" a cooler breeze is starting. Rain is coming soon.

This site is begining to aggrevate me. I keep getting this

Database error: connect to host davesgardendbhost1 failed
MySQL Error: ()

Session halted.

Thomaston, CT

Got that message yesterday, Sherrie. The rain has stopped, sunny & breezy....taking the dogs out, then time to work on the weedy beds.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wind is picking up here too

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

70 and sunny. This weather is making my irises pop.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Can't wait for mine to pop!!
It's 81 here....has to be a record! Expecting thundershowers at any time.

Its 70 here and I had to put t-shirt back on!

Suddenly very dark and windy! Just finished potting up the caladium. Left them out for a soaking.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Sun has returned but just makes it more muggy out there. Temp in the upper 70s with a light SW wind. Looks like more showers on the way. Shouldn't last long though. Just as well it is too icky out for doing much and I have a kink in my hip today. Hope the rest will let it go away so tomorrow I can get back at it.

Showering now.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Looks like it's going to storm any minute.

Gorgeous now, after the shower. Sunny, way lower humidity and nice breeze!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Victor, did you use regular potting mix for the caladiums?

Yes.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Humid this morning but now it is 70 and breezy and beautiful.

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

very humid today

Nice phlox shot, Louise.

Thomaston, CT

It rained as soon as I hung the clothes out....oh, well. Now it's cloudy, & cooling down nicely.

Murphy's Law!

South Hamilton, MA

In the 70s most of the day--shower in the afternoon as I was noting which dwarf iris bloomed in my log, so missed one bed--too hot yesterday & I bet they all closed up.

Pink flowering almond still in bloom--small & young so just a couple of stems, but how delightful to have one in the garden after 38 yrs without.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.