Recycling

Sunshine Coast, Australia

It has been raining on and off for three weeks and I didn't know what to do with myself. Too messy to garden.
I decided to make a garden sign.

I used an old sign that had a text for bushwalking on it and it had worn off. The frog came with a gift plant.
I just painted new words and attached the frog.

What have you recycled?

Thumbnail by Marleneann
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Thats very clever wording Marlene! Too cute. I'll have a look around tomorrow and see if I have made anything new in awhile. Great idea for a thread.
Sue

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

this message for 1,my first one got swallowed,.,i recycle whatever i can,except for my recycling,that goes in the recycling truck!.,.i create steel artwork,flowers,signs,floral art stands,anything that people ask for,'i let my mind do the walking',.some people think im crazy,others believe i may be talented.'i never judge myself'.i get a thrill by creating,what was,just a dream for somebody,.,

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Personally, I reckon thees a little bit of 'Crazy' in there Anthony, but then, I don't really know you yet! he he

Clifton Springs, Australia

Here is my latest seed growing hothouse...
Very creative I thought..
You might not like the brand Anthony,
but I am sure that you would appreciate the thought.
If you look closely you can see your babies growing in there.

Love that sign Marleneann, very cute.!!!

This message was edited Apr 26, 2010 3:26 PM

Thumbnail by Seachanger
Brisbane, Australia

Love it Marlene Ann!!
I'm still trying to find a local tip shop here is Bris. But there's so much that you can re-use just in your own "garbage"!

western sydney nsw, Australia

love the sign .
Here is my W I P its a old steel locker thate was left out for pick up so we picked up before the council truck arrived . It was a way to use bits of tiles left over from other works .
I mosaiced the top then painted the side to look like it was mosaiced only have the doors to finish . -----elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

Here is a sink I made from a flower pot drilled a hole used old hose from worn out washing machine to drain the water out great for clesn ups when I do pots. every thing has been rebirthed .
------elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

What a clever idea to paint the sides to look like mosaic.
Great sink too.

Keep posting.

I just may copy some of your good ideas.

This morning looking around my studio all the storage is recycled furniture my desk is a old computer stand the refigerator was given to me from a friend it was going to the dump even the floor covering is recycled here is a look inside ------elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

Moving around here is all little more the rolled white hanging is new floor covering .---elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

Coffee making corner always helps when planning things .

Thumbnail by sammut

We are now looking to the the door to go out ,
Sorry I did not tidy and clean before taking pics.-----elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

Do you have a couple of old draws laying around I did and made a small table used the draws for legs .---elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

A nother small table used a wooden pot as the base I think after this I better go down and think about creating some thing
Did not mean to take over .-----elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

I'm gobsmacked!

What a fantastic studio.

I also have a second storage and work area in the garage a nother recycled spot .
A good place for working on bigger things and used as a extra kitchen for out side partys
------elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

Stove on the right side wall

Thumbnail by sammut

Door into yard.------elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

To day recycled rubbish thate falls from the palms tired of looking at plastic pots so started to hid the pots ------elaine

Thumbnail by sammut

I think you are going to win first prize Elaine.

Anyone want to top this?

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Sammut, I don't know where you get all the energy! I'm gobsmacked at all the things you have put to good use. you 'GO GIRL!
(kinda puts me to shame really)
Sue

i believe it may be ''crazy'' and a touch of gifted,'sue',.,.,.dianne,thats a groovy growing system youve kept under wraps there! I can smell them,Danish trumpets,crossed with Norway intervention!,.,i will be away for a while,''scheming''recycling creations,.,.see you next week,anthony.

Marlenean - Here is a table I put together for pots in the carport the top is made from the base of a baby crib made A frames for legs .

Has any one used wooden pallets I see a lot dumped on the side of the road must pick up one and see whate I can do with the wood .
Come every one on show us whate you have made or done or any ideas you have .---elaine

Thumbnail by sammut
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Elaine, my brother used the pallet wood to make all of his furniture
here is his lounge on the left, and a bookcase on the right. he has also made a writing desk, a throne, and a built in bed. I will try to find some more pics. Pallet wood is great, but most of its untreated, so not much use out in the weather. But it would probably make good tables for potting up e.t.c
Sue

Thumbnail by weed_woman

Hi Sue I just knew it was a good idea dont know why more people dont make use of them your brother is smart to see the use of them he does great work it looks so good now I only have to get the boys {son& grandson } to pick them up for me I know the place under cover in the BBQ area where I can redo with a nice long
unit .
Planning it now can see it in my mind eye. ---------elaine

Sue your brother is very good at woodwork. By chance he isn't a cabinet maker?

Here is a pic of my latest project . I found a poircelain face mask at a thrift shop for 50 cents.

This is what I did with it....

Take a look at my very sad tree.

Thumbnail by Marleneann

Your sad tree makes makes me smile its a great feature .
Last christmas one gift was a little wire basket with soap inside I but a bird into it so now its a
hanging bird cage .-----------elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

Dont know if this comes under recycled I wanted a easel in a hurry put it together useing bamboo
----------elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

Gee we are a creative lot!

To-day I want to share my latest idea you know the 10 section shoe hangers to hang in the wardrobe cost $6 at the reject shop .
I hung 2 to store small things I use in craft ,things thate never look tidy in draws or baskets glue gun - small dryer - glasses - gloves and lots more this way saves time looking for things .
Also a good space saver hanging in a corner. --------elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut

Elaine I could do with something like that in my garage.
Mmmmm...must look around for the bits and pieces.

a good score today,a mass of 10''-12''-and 16'' pots from the hobart tip shop,'$5,you beauty!for a little chap like me'ha' the whole 102kg,i struggled back to the truck with them,grinning from ear to ear.'i have plans'.

Good one Anthony .---------elaine

Lucky you....you're going to need them....lol

so are you dianne,i picked up some 'cardiocrinum giganteum'lily bulbs,from a generous and notable orchid grower'barry davidson'.to many there for me,so you had better study the growing habitats..these are bamboo like,huge stalks with white and violet ,12'' flowers[seed pods are the size of a small passionfruit].

Cardiocrinum giganteum...even the name is huge....
I thought the name rang a bell...Himalayan Lily...saw one once at Tesselars I think..
Very tall and very scented.
OK Anthony, when you are ready....I have the pots.....lol....
I forgot to mention also that the Lilium supplier I just used, doesn't send to Tas.
What a pain......looks like they are being frightened off....shame.

yes,its ruined a few swaps and deals.anyway ,im doing up a package of bulbs for you,.,.,.one bulb left planted in the ground,6 years later,creates 32 bulbs..,my word[im too scared to use the word god],its like the day of the triffids here,there are so many bulbs....when i unearthed the bulbs,'well' ive potted 75 bulbs and left the smallies for future years.,.,this is recycling,i suppose,anthony

Where are you putting them all?
With Fay's plants, all these new bulbs...plus your own increases...
What are you going to do when the triffids take over..you will lose little Molly in all that growth....no not your beard....
She will tell her friends about her nutty Grandpa and they will love you....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.