Can anyone help identify this iris?

Pawleys Island, SC

Hi Everyone, I have an Iris I am just not sure about and would love to find some more of them. I am not sure how long I have had this one, this is the first year in about 10 my iris have bloomed.

Thumbnail by ibartoo
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Congratulations on getting blooms this year! ID's are tough, even for the experts in this forum... there are a lot of purple irises out there... but yours is beautiful, with or without an official name!

If you're looking for others that are similar, I'm sure people might have suggestions there... or check out the bloom threads on this forum, like this one http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1081840/#new to see what irises other DGers are growing. :-)

Pawleys Island, SC

Thanks Critterologist. I think it may be a dogrose. I am not sure but the man who gave them to me said that he had taken them from his dad's homesite and they had been planted when he was a tiny kid 50 or 60 years ago. It may be something else all together too. I sure like it though.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

There is a 'Dogrose' in the HIPS photo gallery. (Insole 1930) Light pink standards with darker pink falls. Nice historic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.