2008 seedling

Lebanon, OR

Mikey likes it x with Lost Art

D

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

I bet a clump of those is just awesome. Love the colors!

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

That is so awesome! :) Like it took the best of both of them :)

ants

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Very lovely!

Lebanon, OR

Thank you all. Has two buds, blooms in class, ML bloom for SDB..

Now lets hope it behaves next year as this is first year bloom

D

Newfield, NY

love the color of this iris.need to find some.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Awesome bloom. The bright beards make it look like it will start twirling any second and just lift up and fly. Hey that's it-reminds me of a helicopter in beautiful colors. Yes a clump would be a sight to see..

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

WOW!!! Love it.

Neil

Bakersfield, CA

Dee, I love your new little "yellow beard". The colors are fabulous, and it sure looks like a winner. What a spectacular clump that would make!

Lebanon, OR

doridunn it is not on the market yet will be a couple of years yet! this is the first time the seedling bloomed. Must see bud count height etc to see if it is worthy of intro

D

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Dee-

You know I don't generally like white or yellow iris, but this is very "clean" or :bright" looking (does that make sense?)

I realize you have to be concerned with form, bud count, etc., but most of us just buy iris we like the look of whether there is just one flower per stalk or a bunch or the right form, etc.

Neil

Lebanon, OR

Neil if I have enough to test you up to testing still?

I normally am not crazy about white or yellow but this combo is so different and nice.

D

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow. It's really striking and, as Neil put it, very fresh and bright in a good way. Makes me think of a sunny smile.

Here's hoping that it 'performs' next year...

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Dee-

You bet!!! Bring'em on.

Your Splashed Silk has been almost opening for several days, taunting me. We're expecting storms on Saturday so it needs to open today or wait until Sunday

Neil

Taylorsville, KY

Dee, it is gorgeous!

Sue

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

You did it again Sis. That is beautiful.

Lebanon, OR

Thank you...what is funny the sister sib that bloomed with this one is so ugly you would not believe it. It is a pale washed out light yellow with pitched falls...YUCK.

Neil lets hope SS blooms for you well:)

D

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

wow... so pretty :)

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's another of Dee's

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Lebanon, OR

Thank you Neil

D

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

And Dee's Splashed Silk.... opened today before the storms and tornadoes expected tomorrow......

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

Splashed Silk, another shot

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Oh, I LOVE it... it's soooo pretty :)

Pawleys Island, SC

That is beautiful!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Wow, that is beautiful.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

YYUUUMMMMMM!!!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Dee,

Love the new sdb -- the colors are vivid. I find the longer I'm in irising -- the more I'm concerned about finding earlier or later bloomers (in their season) and higher bud counts. It's not that I don't like an iris with only a single bud, it's just I'm selfish enough to want more and want to prolong my season. :)

Roni

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

OMG! I love that first one!

Lebanon, OR

well second stalk has 2 buds and a spur!

Thank you Neil for posting the pictures, until May 1st I am really busy with the daylily orders then get a one week repreve and then will start on the sib and JI...

Neil I will be shipping quite a bite of iris either with the order or on its own to you this year and thank for testing. Now I need someone in the middle USA and one in the zone 8-9 like NM, TX, AZ area as they have moved. New England I got covered.:)

D

Shepherd, MT

D- your seedling are just beautiful. Are they for sale I got to have them

Lebanon, OR

Not yet Splashed Silk is next year, Black Bull maybe, the yellow blue and white this is the first bloom....

D

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Dee Great Bloom I Finaly Have a few Blooms today :) so excited . Just LOVE the SDB :)))

this is Bumblebee Delite

Thumbnail by deejay9
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Dee,
Absolutely lovely!!!

Neal & Deejay9,
Beautiful pics!!!

As for myself, I'm beside myself...I'll finally be able to share pics of our blooms...LOL
After a VERY long 2 year wait from the time I picked out the Irises til now...when about 7 are about to bust open with their blooms...WOOHOO! YeeeeeHaaaaaaw! LOL
I'll take a pic in the morning of their status. It's looking like the one that will bloom 1st will be 'Rain on Frost'...a 2008 intro from Wild Iris Rows. I'll be sure to post a pic of it! :D

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love that first one D!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Perfect colors for Spring on the first one. I like it a lot.

Susan

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Dee, your SDB is awesome! It is so different and eyecatching. I also love your Splashed Silk. You sure have been doing a wonderful job with your hybridizing from some of the seedlings you have been posting. The one with the reddish spot and blue beards that Neil posted above is also very pretty.

Lebanon, OR

that one is cafe mocha to be introduced next year. Thank you

D

Tranquillity, CA(Zone 9a)

Thats a great cross,,,,,,Surley to be a intro

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

After the storms.......three flowers on Splashed Silk

Thumbnail by NeilTR
Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

And Dee's Reach For The Sky.

Lost the first bloom to the storms, but the other buds are undamaged

Thumbnail by NeilTR