owllantern, Birmingham, Mi. Welcome to DG..

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi..and welcome..this is the Michigan forum..hope you visit us often...Any questions..post here and someone will help you out..

Tell us about your gardens..and what you are into...Again Welcome..enjoy..

smiles..Diana...

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Jenison, MI(Zone 6b)

Welcome!

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

hello and welcome! My sister lives off Maple and Adams so i am in your town allot!
Glad you joined. hope you find good info and lots of kindred spirits!
Julie

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome to the Michigan forum. Tell us all about your garden.

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome owllantern...

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hope you have a lot of fun here and welcome
Gloria

Birmingham, MI

Thank you for welcoming me to the Michigan forum. I bought a house last year that sits on a corner lot. The yard had minimal landscaping, so my first projects have included foundation plants, some trees and a shrub border as one side of the lot is on a very busy street. As to my interests, well, if it's a plant, then I am interested in it. I do particularly love viburnums. And vegetable gardening. I'm going to try to grow some old roses in my border and would welcome your suggestions on deciduous shrubs that might grow and look well with them.

Port Hope, MI

welcome!

Birmingham, MI

I had two great visits to Arrowhead Alpines in Fowlerville and have a small forest of interesting and beautiful shrubs sitting in pot in my back yard under a shade tree. Although Bob Stewart, who owns Arrowhead with his wife Brigitta, has been contending with colon cancer, he is responding well to treatment and was very generous with his time, information and advice, as was Don LaFond, who works there. Yes, all plants are labelled by botanical name only, but, Don will kindly translate and help you find the best specimen to take home.

Arrowhead doesn't ship during the summer months, but, we fortunate Michiganders can go to the nursery, pick out our plants, and take them home. This nursery is an amazing place - if you haven't been, go see it. I hadn't been out to the nursery for six or more years - it has really expanded. The gardens are so beautiful and interesting, butterflies are everywhere, and you will come home with a car full of exquisite, healthy plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.