Does anyone know what is wrong?

Blackshear, GA

Is this a virus or chemical damage? Had my yard sprayed for weeds about 2 weeks ago, but the only way it would have hit them is by 'drift'. I think it looks like a virus/disease. Can amaryllis get rust like daylilies? Thanks for any help.

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

close up

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Was there any damage there before the yard was sprayed for weeds? If so then maybe it's something else, but if it's all showed up since then I would strongly suspect overspray from the weed killer.

Blackshear, GA

It really has happened in the last 2-3 days, that is why I wasn't sure it was chemical. I have another bed about 15 ft from it and they are fine.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Herbicide damage could take a little time to show up so it still could be from that. I'd still lean toward that vs a disease. A disease probably would have developed a little more gradually rather than going from being fine to looking like that over the period of a couple days.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

OTOH, nothing else in that bed looks damaged, so I lean towards disease...

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Amaryllis can get "rust". I dont' know if that is the correct name for it, but that's what it looks like. I've seen a little bit of it here, but nowhere near as much as yours, not enough that it harmed the plant at all.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ep060 and scroll down to diseases.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.