Dressing up at Nonas

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

I don't know where she got all this girly gene. She only wants to wear dresses and wants to dress up in her costumes the minute she gets here. I try to drop by the salvation army once a month to see if I can get her something new. The creme colored dress is her marrying dress but she is out growing it. Her 4th birthday is tomorrow. I bought her 2 really beautiful dresses from Sears. One is a new marrying dress. She will be tickled. Anyway when you have time flip through the photos quickly to see some of her moves.Of course this is only a fraction of the pics I made of her. My continuous mode on my camera lets me just keep shooting as she poses.

http://picasaweb.google.com/riverland711/EllaPlayingDressupWithNona?feat=directlink

This message was edited Apr 18, 2010 9:53 AM

Thumbnail by Riverland
Ripley, MS

What a wonderful princess, where are the rest?

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Trying to copy but it is not working
Ok it's working now.

This message was edited Apr 18, 2010 9:54 AM

Ripley, MS

I think this one is my favorite
http://picasaweb.google.com/riverland711/EllaPlayingDressupWithNona#5461463370259176962

Did you get a kitty?

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

No the kitty got us. She just showed up about 3 weeks ago. I am afraid she is PG. Someone just dropped her off.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Great photos of a beautiful little lady, Cindy! Reminds me of when Samantha was that age--she loved to play dress-up, too, and to have tea parties. :o))

This is my favorite:
http://picasaweb.google.com/riverland711/EllaPlayingDressupWithNona#5461453563800273650

People are good at dropping off unwanted animals, aren't they? That is how we got our dogs when we lived in our previous home.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Just precious! I have a 4 yr old grandson. I'll show him her pic. He might look her up on campus one day!!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

She's precious Cindy. I know she's the love of your heart!! She's beautiful too.

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Thank You both.
Sandi I am counting the day to get to see y'all again.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I can't wait either. Will be so good to see everyone again. Should be fun! I'm excited about going to Forest Hill too!

I wasn't very successful with the sword beans, until I placed them in a wet napkin, inside a zip lock bag, and put them on the window sill. Nearly all sprouted (5), so I thought I'd try again. I planted the ones that sprouted around my rain tank screen. Hope they don't drown in the rain we've had this past week. if the others sprout, I'll take some to the swap.

Your DGD is darling....

Jacksonville, AR

Cindy, your grandaughter is precious. They are so much fun when they "dress up" and clump around in heels!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Thank you Janie I've never done the dressup stuff. I grew up a tomboy with mostly boys as neighbors. My boys raced motorcycles so I learned to work on them. We had horses when I grew up so we had them for our boys. We hunt together. So I am just learning how little girls like to dress up. She could barely walk and was already obsessed with tea parties. I had never done that either. Pretend that is.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Oh, Cindy she is beautiful!!! Plus, your photography is wonderful!!!!! What precious subjects to practice on!!!!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Cindy, Ella is just delightful!! Beautiful photos and you should be proud to showcase them. She is beautiful!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL... Cindy sounds like you and I had the same upbringing..... not exactly, but I grew up on a farm and was a big time tom boy..... Only had one other girl in the neighborhood and 6 guys so we played football, basketball or baseball.... road bikes, road horses, etc Never did the dress up thing or tea parties! I showed livestock from the time I was 8 until I was 20....... I am also a decent mechanic helper - although there is an awful lot I don't know but when I was little my dad was in the logging business and I was always trying to help him work on stuff. IF he hadn't had to have retired due to health, I might have turned into a decent mechanic! LOL

Now, Jessica LOVES shopping, dressing up - loves the pageants, etc and I wonder where on earth she got it from !! The closest I came to that was competing in 4-H sewing competitions where we had to model the garments we had made ...... and that was a whole world away from the pageant scene!!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Thank you all for the compliments on Ella and my pictures. I never have cared too much for the studio shots. Since she likes to have her picture taken it's easy to do.
I did turn a little more girly by the time I was about 15 but only because I had a sister 8 years older and if I wanted to be with her it was more female goings on. I was even honored to be chosen to compete in the Miss Ouachita Parish Pagent. I had a good time but would never have done that again.

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

She looks just like you Cindy and she is beautiful and so precious!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.