What is eating this

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Dwarf Iris.
I planted it last year and it was eaten then too. My amature guess is a resident slug of some kind.I used the amonia treatment but nothing has killed the kritter.
I thought I had lost it last year so when it peeked out a month ago I was thrilled. Now This again.
Should I move it?

Thumbnail by ge1836
Bakersfield, CA

Why don't you try putting a little circle of Deadline around it and see what you get by the next day -- that looks like what snails and slugs do to mine. Deadline is wonderfully effective, although the black circles are somewhat unattractive, but it really works. And it works well with my cats, too.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I transplanted it but will get some deadline for the Nepeta Walkers Low.My cats are eating it as soon as leaves appear. I have cages over it but that cant last long as the plant is growing fast.
Thank you so much for your help.

Lebanon, OR

So that the cats or other animals do not eat the deadline. Try taking all the eggshells you can putting them in the oven and baking just until the membrane is not soft, take out and crunch up fine and put around the iris, will not hurt the animals or the enviroment and I do it all the time...kills the slugs and snails dead quick because it tears up their tummies, and yes it is the above eating them hope I have helped

D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.