Scared!!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5a)

I hate to bring all of you down but am in need of some support. My 12 year old male shihtzu has to have an operation. The reason why I am scared is because 10 or so years ago he had to have a hernia operation after getting a hold of his wife. Well, he died on the operating table but they were able to bring him back. When we got him and his wife who was pregnant at the time, we decided that we weren't going to neuter him because of this. So after his wife had her puppies, we kept two female puppies and got all of them spayed. Now he has to have an operation because he has tumors around his rectum since from never being neutered. So they have to take out the tumors and neuter him. They say that the anesthesia that is used now is much safer than the kind that was used all of those years ago but I am still afraid!!

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!