GOPHERS ARE TAKING OVER MY STATE! MY EFFORT TO SAVE CA!

Clovis, CA(Zone 8a)

I HAVE HAD IT! THIS YEAR WAS ONE OF THE WETTEST IN CA. IN A LONG TIME. GREAT FOR MY SON'S SNOWBOARDING OBSESSION BUT ROTTEN FOR MY EFFORT TO SQUASH THE GOPHER POPULATION. WHERE DOES IT SAY, "JUST ADD WATER AND BODDA BING, YOU'VE GOT MORE GOPHERS?" I HAVE TRIED IT ALL. WE HAVE 7 ACRES SO THE TRAPPING WITH MACABEE'S IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. WE HAVE SOME OF THE GAS PELLETS THAT EMIT POISONOUS GAS UPON SENSING MOISTURE. I AM TRYING THAT THIS WEEK AS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GET RAIN TOMORROW.
WE PURCHASED A RODENATOR ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO. I HAVE TO SAY IT IS THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE KILLING GOPHERS. IT DESTROYS THERE TUNNELS BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN A GOPHER COME FLYING OUT OF THE HOLE WHEN WE BLAST. THAT IS MY HOPE THAT SOMEDAY WHILE I AM BLASTING I WILL ACTUALLY REAP THE REWARDS AND SEE THAT LITTLE SUCKER FLYING PAST ME, TO NEVER EAT MY VEGGIES AGAIN!
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ANYONE'S IDEAS ON HOW THEY CONTROLLED THE GOPHERS THEY HAVE.

Thumbnail by buffaloroad
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you head over to the California gardening forum there are a couple gopher threads over there

Halifax, NS(Zone 5a)

This probably isn't that useful, but Daschunds (weiner dog) were breed for this type of hunting underground.

Clovis, CA(Zone 8a)

Thank you for the weiner dog suggestion. I actually have a westie that loves to go after those little boogers. I do believe I have found the trick though, Weevil-cide. Have not ever seen these kind of results before. Unfortunately my little Molly, (westie) can't go dig in the holes for a couple of hours. She has to wait until the gas disappears and there is no danger of her getting gassed. Between the Rodenator and the Weevil-cide they are almost licked! I don't know what will happen once the rain is gone because the gas pellets depend on moisture but we'll cross that road when we get there.

Thumbnail by buffaloroad

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.