Inside BlueStone Perennials

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

I live about an hour away, when I was up there this week I took some pictures and posted then in Go Gardening. Here is a link.

http://davesgarden.com/products/go/view/6262/

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Hahira, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh, lady! Drooling, drooling, DROOLING !! Samantha

Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

I have purchased many plants from them! I would go broke if I ever visited them.
Heaven!

Hendersonville, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh man, I am so envious. My spring Bluestone order just shipped; but if I lived nearby, I'd surely be going into bankruptcy...
Ruth

Ruth, your order may have been it the 2nd picture, I took the pictures Thursday. Now how cool is that?
I hope to get back there for their sale starting June 10, I stay away from the first day, it gets very busy, folks show up early to wait for the gate to open.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I like to buy from their Buy one Get one sale in June. i LOVE their plants, and i too would be broke if i lived near by.

That would be a coincidence, wouldn't it, ladygardener? And I too am a devotee of the June sale, via online purchase of course. I always try (don't always succeed, but always try) to be conservative with my spring order in hopes some of the plants I crave will be in the June sale. And if they're not, there are so many other gorgeous bargain options. The place is truly dangerous, and I'm always impressed by how well their plants survive shipping, regardless of the time of year. I'll just bet it's a zoo on site the first day of that sale; that probably brings everyone remotely within driving distance!
Ruth

Lakeside Marblehead, OH

My sister gave me a gift certificte @ Christmas from Bluestone...I ordered dianthus (they have many varities) & some butterfly bushes..I never have had luck w/ butterfly bushes where I previously planted them, they grew beautiful but never surrived the winter...So thinking of putting the new ones under my kitchen window aganist the house..

Some butterfly bushes take a while to start growing again in spring, so don't be in a hurry to rip them out.

Lakeside Marblehead, OH

I waited till mid June one year & first week in July on the next one I planted but my butterfly bushes never started up again...I liked the location I had them but they never over wintered right for me...So looking for a different location to plant this year..My new location will get same amt. of sun but hoping aganist the house will give more winter protection..The ones I previously planted cost me $20 each & were big...I Think I wasted money even tho they did bloom beautifuly.
I'm sure the ones coming from Bluestone will be very small...

Voyager, yes, the plants from Bluestone are small on arrival; but they are so healthy they hit the ground and take off. With a fast-growing shrub like buddleia, you should get lots of growth the first year.
Ruth

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Buy one, get one Free sale..Bluestone Perennials? Please post that when you know about it. Do you get a catalogue or email from them letting you know about the sale? I know if I lived close to Bluestone..I would be so tempted. By gosh, I'm going to go pull out my Bluestone Catalog and make up my wish list.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I recall it's in June. [or end of May into June] Someone usually posts about it.
and you will find it on their web site.

I can not recall if they send out an email notice or not.... for that matter, I cant recall if I used to get email notifications, and 'unsubscribed' because i was always to tempted to keep buying plants.

Their walk in sale is in June, so I thing any sale will be after Memorial day, to clean our their houses to start new plants for 2011.
Check out their web site often for announcements.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Yep the sale is in June and it is most certainly worth making a trip for it. Thankfully I'm just 45 minutes away and I'll be there an hour before the gate opens so I can grab one of the 4 wheel carts, those one wheel carts are rather difficult to deal with without another person helping to move it....LOL

Janet

Janet, Those one wheelers are a killer, when I was up there in April most of the 4 wheelers were being painted so people had to wait for one. luckily they were not that busy on a Wednesday . Good luck with the mad house, I avoid the first day, don't deal with crowds well.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

lady...

I love the crowds but only if I have a 4 wheeler....LOL

I just love walking through all those hoop houses....

Janet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.