Daffodils are Blooming

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

A lot of my new Daffodils are beginning to bloom. Would love to see others Spring Bulbs pictures too :)

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Here are a whole row of new ones.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Tete-a-Tete

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Up Close Tete

Thumbnail by Meredith79

These are either Spellbinder or Carlton.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Replete which is also the thread opening picture.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

My new Garden by the road. Where I direct sowed Virginia Stocks, Poppies, Larkspur, too.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Gigantic Star- which flowers seem smaller than the Marieke.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Marieke, not sure why the flowers are allfacing different directions! lol

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Here is a shot of a single bloom of Marieke.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

February Gold

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Single February Gold

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Rijnveld's Early Sensation

This message was edited Apr 10, 2010 5:17 PM

Thumbnail by Meredith79

In a different area, a Apricot Whirl flower began opening today. It is amazing how much the split corolla and double type dafs change from one day to the next.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Look at Replete from it's first day opening yesterday.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

The Crocus along the front door entrance just finished a few days ago.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

About the same time as the Hyacinths opened. They smell heavenly! :)

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Here is a nice vigorous section. I planted these a few years agoand it seems the white ones are the most vigorous this year. They also have the second strongest fragrance of them. Seconf to alight pink one. Next up would be the blue in both vigor and fragrance. The salmon colored ones been the least vigorous.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Here is some blue with the back of an Ice Follies which are also blooming in that area.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Here is Ice Follies a few days ago.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Buddha with some Ruby Giant Crocus back in late March. I always rub his belly for good garden luck! :)

Thumbnail by Meredith79

I'll wrap up with my Korean Azalea.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2010 5:55 PM

Thumbnail by Meredith79
Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Hi, Meredith...maybe the reason that you are by yourself here...is that many of us who grow bulbs are posting to the bulbs forum.

Just a thought.

Thumbnail by evelyn_inthegarden

Thanks, I'll check it out! :)

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Meredith, your picture of the Budda and the Ruby Giant Crocus doesn't look real, what a fantastic colors!

Thanks, they really looked like that too. It was taken in dappled morning sun so it had a neat shadow effect.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

I KNOW toofew I may have to break down and plant some bulbs she makes me feel bad because I don't have any like that lol Merediths beds are so pretty though and manacured mine are still a work in progress and will probably never look as good as hers!

Your flowers are beautiful Meredith!

Thanks Lea! :)

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Lovely, Meredith!

Thanks! : )

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, Meredith, thanks for posting all the purdy pics of your daffs and other bulbs! You have quite a collection. Keep 'em coming! t.

Thanks Tab! More new ones have opened and I hope I'll have time to post some more later today. My pc is full and I need to get what is on it off, before I can load new ones on! I wish I had the dough to get one of the new ones with at least a TB of hardrive space!

I need to fix my spacebar!!

This message was edited Apr 16, 2010 8:39 PM

I put newer pics in my web album http://picasaweb.google.com/FlutterbugGarden/SpringGarden2010#

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I went and looked at your web album .... Wow!

Hope you liked it! Since the time I posted~ I deleted a bunch of duplicates and bad shots, and added all the captions. :)

Meredith,

I just checked out your web album too. Wonderful collection of bulbs~~and I especially liked your hyacinths along the sidewalk~~are they new this year? Very pretty.

And I loved your crocus (with the cute buddha) too. How do you keep the critters away from all of those?

I set up the picassa slide show of your pics and really enjoyed it~~we have a lot of the same bulbs but you were smart enough to keep them labeled~~in any case I recognized some from your collection and I'll get busy making name tags for my NOIDs now, so thanks for that too!

Also checked out your pretty butterfly pics. That garden has come a long way in just a few years too! You have been a busy woman! t.

Thanks T ! I did plant the Gypsy Queen in fall, but the other Hyacinths have been here since 2007. I am surprised that they have lasted this long! Last spring I made sure to put fertilizer down for them when the flowers faded and I think it made a big difference compared to not fertilizing. Not sure why the critters haven't dug everything up, except that maybe I only have stuff they don't like? The Crocus Grand Maitre was from a blooming bulbs co-op I participated in on DG a couple years ago. I don't trust blooming bulbs for sending correctly labeled plants but their prices are awesome if you don't mind getting whatever they send. The Spring Charm bulbs werelabeled as Salome and the crocus were just sold as purple. I figured out what they were in fall while searching catalogs for what I wanted. Glad my pics could help you ID some things, that's why I love sharing pictures ~ I know there has been many times other Dgers pics have helped me ID something I lost the label for!

OK. I will go out and fertilize my hyacinths right now. You have had a very very good return percentage!

Wish my critters would leave the crocus alone but they ravaged my collection. Very nasty.

I have both Salome and Spring Charm too and can hardly tell the difference, I think except isn't spring charm more 'petite'?

I'll have to get my cameras fixed so I can post a few photos.

BTW, when can your DH come out here and put in a pool and water feature for me too?! Ha, ha! Very wonderful arrangement you have there!

Happy gardening this weekend.

Not sure if it is true, but I've heard the critters stay away from the Tommi type species crocus, which are the type with Buddha They are Ruby Giant. I want to plant my butterfly garden full of them this fall. They are my favorite color I've seen for Crocus. :) My butterfly garden gets so much shade this time of year, I don't think the Dafs are the best choice and it seems the more partial shade tolerant Narcissus bloom late, and my perennials will be somuch bigger ~not sure if that would work out so well.

Woops I forgot half of what I was going to say! My mind works way faster than my fingers on the keyboard! Dh is on his way! lol
Also I think the difference between Salome and Spring Charm is that Spring Charm has a pink rim on the trumpet while Salome has a fully pink cup, except it ages to pink. The Spring Charm opens up pretty much pink ~ at least that's how the one I have is.

This picture of Spring Charm is only the first day of opening and the cups already have a pink rim. If the rain would stop I'd go out and get more pictures. The White Lion was looking so pretty before the snow shower yesterday morning.

Thumbnail by Meredith79

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.