Electra
Midas Touch
Berry Smoothie
Plum Royale
and 2 Sweet Tea Heucherellas

SWEET...

Doug

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Ooooooh, making me jealous! I really would like to have Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tea. They WILL be mine!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

these are the ones i have coming from last falls order -classified with starlight1153
2 Heuchera Autumn Leaves
2 Heuchera Georgia Peach
2 Heuchera Lipstick
4 Heuchera Plum Royale
6 Heuchera Midas Touch
6 Heuchera Midnight Bayou
2 Heuchera Midnight Rose
2 Heuchera Shangha

I cant wait to get them and the other stuff i ordered!!! spring is here!!!
she may have extras left if anyone needs them!!!

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

notmartha - Wow, you went wild! Some of them I haven't seen yet and will have to look at their pictures. Isn't Spring great?!!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Should be receiving these plugs soon--I hope before the heat starts around here:lol:

2 Autumn Leaves
2 Ginger Peach
4 Lime Marmalade
2 Fire Chief
2 Lipstick
2 Sweet Tea
1 Midas Touch
2 Marmalade

Hopefully a few will survive my TLC:lol:

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Wish I had more room... Love these my Southern comfort is still geourgeous. The coloring and it is awsome in the very little light. In almost all shade. It flowers almost all season. Really looks like all of these beauties are coming back really nicely. does anyone trim off the old leaves from last year? The old ragged looking ones? Just wondering. Ronna

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Ronna,

Yes, I just take the garden scissors and trim off all the scraggly ragged looking leaves and then I put compost around them.

Two Sweet Tea did follow me home the other day. They are gorgeous.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I remove the old leaves as well and compost is always a good idea.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

thanks.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Now that I've spent 13.00 on Southern Comfort, 1 and 1/2 gal at Lowes, Wally's world has my Caramel for 5.00. Just a quart size but that's plenty big enough. So headed over there today and they had several other beauties as well., all 5.00 each.
Southern Comfort

Thumbnail by patootie
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

$5 is a great deal! What else did you get?

Parma, OH(Zone 5b)

Before the day is out.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY (goldfinch4) I thought the name was familiar but I couldn't remember which forum. LOL

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Happy Birthday goldfinch4.
I haven't made it to
WM yet, but will
some time this evening, always running late. lol
I think one of the Heuche's was Can-Can, also 5.00

Jackie

This message was edited May 13, 2010 2:45 PM

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Had a nice day - despite the fact I had to work. Supposed to have great weather this weekend and can't wait to get out in the gardens and play!

Gravois Mills, MO

I think each different type have different reactions to trimming depending on where you are and the conditions. I cut my purple palace back to almost nothing in the falI. They come back a lot thicker the next year. I also clip old leaves ,but have had frosted violet react in a negative way to that. It made it take a lot longer to fill out that year. So this spring I got to looking at all those old leaves and I noticed that most of them were not completely dead. Makes me think that those leaves and stems have some function in the regeneration of the plant in the spring. Now I have just been taking the totally dead ones away as the plant regenerates. It seems to work better for me. Most of the time I do not even need to clip they pull of real easy.

I do not have to fertalize my Heuchera at all except in pots even then very lightly when I feed the grass in spring.

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

I think sometimes if you trim off all the scraggly stuff, even if it's not dead - then too much of the crown is exposed so then you'd have to dig it out and then reset it down into the soil deeper so as not too much crown is exposed. Or, you can do it the lazy way like me and just start putting compost up to cover the crowns. I'll see if they like that.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I bought a Midnight Rose at Lowe's the other day. Really pretty!!

Thumbnail by marti001
Gravois Mills, MO

Here is the most unusual colored Heuchera I have seen to date. It is starting to turn but you can stil see most of the color. It is Villosa Beaujolais. It is growing in a 20 inch pot.

Thumbnail by lkozarksgarden
Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Marti and Ik - Both very pretty. Nice purchase from Lowe's! Midnight Rose sure is awfully pretty. Ik- your Beaujolais is beautiful and very happy in it's pot. I think that one is another very hardy one and a sun lover! I've got mine still in it's pot it was purchased in, sitting in full sun and it just loves it, so far no change in color. One day it'll make it into the ground!

Maryland Heights, MO(Zone 6a)

I purchased 2 Midnight Rose's yesterday from the nursery. My local HD and Lowes only have Dolce Licorice, Stoplight, Purple Place, Peach Melba and Southern Comfort. I wanted to buy Encore and Georgia Peach at the nursery (because everyone raves about these two) but fell in love with Midnight Rose. I don't know but I have this thing for the darker colored ones. The ones like Encore and Georgia Peach just looked washed out compared to the dark purples. I already have Peach melba, and Stoplight that looked good last fall but now those nothing for me with my other hostas along gate for summer color. I'm kind of wanting Rave On but only have one area which gets a lot of sun and i'm scared it would be killed. I'm trying this year to do better with watering my plants every couple of days. It is already very hot and humid in St. Louis.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.