Wow! Check out this meticulous process!

Boise, ID

Wynne's Dahlias shows the method to their madness and boy howdy does it ever look time consuming. I'd imagine though I'd get this intricate if it was what I did for a living. I bought their "Wyn's Eeekk!!!" tuber off of Accent Dahlias this year it's a crazy looking bloom . I potted it up last night but the tuber was so tiny I fear I might have accidentally broke off the part with the eye when I was potting it up. I guess we'll see around mid-May.

http://www.wynnesdahlias.com/apps/photos/album.jsp?albumID=3080481

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

That is a lot of work! Thanks for the link and the look inside at what goes on from beginning to end.

Makes me feel like a wimp!

Boise, ID

If this was only how I made money I'd probably do the same thing. I think all the constant labeling would probably drive me insane though.

We went through something similar, but on a MUCH smaller scale, when I was hybridizing daylilies. Now, 1,364 daylilies later, I'm glad for all we did but it was time consuming and the labels were maddening to say the least.

One of ours:

Thumbnail by pirl
Boise, ID

Very cool. I've currently got a daylily blooming outside the front window of my house. I was quite amazed it was blooming right along with all the early blooming daffodils and crocuseseses (croci?).

That's early. Might it be yellow and small in size?

I say crocuses, right or wrong.

Boise, ID

Well it's a small white double bloom that's on a long stem that seems to look like just another daylily fan in a clump of daylily fans.

Any and all flowers are welcome in spring.

Boise, ID

It was unusually warm mid-Feb through March here and right at the beginning of April the weather did a bait & switch slapped us across the face with some cold weather. It started getting warm again yesterday then a wind blew through town last evening and it got cold again. :-( I usually love April's but this one is starting to become a bit unbearable.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

WOW, that is impressive!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.