Found Quince seedling

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

I grow quite a few quinces. A couple of years ago I found this seedling down in my woods. Anyone seen a quince with blooms like this? I haven't so far. Wonder if it would be worthy of introducing.

Thumbnail by killdawabbit
Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Another image.

Thumbnail by killdawabbit
Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Looks like a double? Blooms are quite full - nice.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

That seems to be more red, than the quence around here.The only other time I saw those red flowers, was in a mountian setting, and it could be environment, or location that causes that red look.Mike

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

We don't have native quinces in this area. I grow at least eleven different varieties of quince. I'm pretty sure it's a seedling from one of them.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

I have several large shrubs of a double red that looks similar to this one.The flowers on mine are a little more bright red, yours seems a little more deep rose.The flowers on yours is more rose like than mine too. Mine will be in bloom in a week or two and can post a pic. What other varieties do you grow??

Kyle :-)

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Toyo Nishiki, Yatsuda Nishiki, Spitfire, Cameo, Jet Trail, Contorta, Pink Lady, Iwai Nishiki, Kan Toyo, Hime, Texas Scarlet and Pygmaea. Also C. cathayensis.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.