Jacqueline Lilies Popping up all over

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Last year I planted a row of Jacqueline Asiatic lilies in one of my front yard terrace raised beds. I front of the roses. Actually they are a broken up row as they are between a row of daylilies. So its a group of lily bulbs, daylily, more lily bulbs, daylily and so on. But all Jacqueline Lilies. So they are coming up now and there are so many of them. Looks like they really like to multiply.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Rita, dear, could you post a pic when you have time? I'm not familiar with Jacqueline lilies and I'll bet yours are gorgeous.

Pretty please!

Donna

Will look when I get a chance.

A small grouping of the Jacqueline Lilies blooming last year.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, thank you Rita. They ARE lovely!

Thank you, here is another picture. Jackie lilies in the back with some pale orientals in front.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice. You take great photos.

Ah, ha! I found the picture I was looking for that I wanted to post. This was the reason I choose those Jasqueline Lilies for that front yard bed. I wanted to pick up the color tone of the roses in back of the lilies. I think it worked out great.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita

Another pic. I guess you get the idea by now what they look like :-))

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Rita, one can never look at lilies too much. :) Very nice. :)

Thanks. I think that front terrace raised bed is going to be really nice this year. It wasn't that much last year because everything in it was planted last spring. It is in front of and below (looking from the street) of the roses in the terrace above.

It is mostly just daylilies and lily bulbs. I intend to add to the bed by adding spring blooming bulbs of daffodils and tulips way in the back. Will put a row of snapdragons back there for now.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, wow, Rita! The picture with the roses is so beautiful. Thank you for searching for it. I'm a rose grower too, and I mingle them a bit like lilies, but not in the glorious way that you have! Glad I said pretty please...

Donna

I love the combo of roses and lilies. I think they look really great together. Of course, I have lots and lots of roses. And keep getting more and more lilies.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

The combo of the roses and lilies is gorgeous. You could not have matched them more perfectly. Great job!

Will see how they look this year. They sure do like to muliply. These are so many coming up this spring. That Citrus Splash Rose is a favorite of mine and the two beds are both facing the street. Therefore I wanted it to look extra nice.

The first of the Jacqueline lilies for this year opened today. I will wait to take pictures until there is more to see.

South Lake Tahoe, CA

Beautiful photos of your Jacqueline Lilies Rita!
And yes, you take lovely photos.

Thanks! :-))

This year they are looking better than ever.

Thumbnail by newyorkrita

here they are again

Thumbnail by newyorkrita

and again

Thumbnail by newyorkrita
Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Pop! And I like the daylilies that are below with them as well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.