bottom of feet numb

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Hello: I have not been in this forum before but I have an odd situation. At first the bottom of the middle toe on my right foot began to go numb. The first time I noticed it, it felt like I had stepped on a piece of tape and it was stuck to the bottom of my toe. I had that feeling off and on for some time and didn't worry about it. But lately it's the bottom of the whole foot. Not all day but perhaps 1/2 day. It has spread to my left foot too.
Some time ago, my doctor said I was likely to become a diabetic so when I had a few symptoms, I got checked and I was ok but I dropped all sugar.
Other than that, I do not think I have changed anything except I am gardening a lot more at home and at a small local museum.
Does anyone what this is? I hate to go back to the doctor again because I can't afford it, even with Medicare.

This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!