Foiling Help

(Phyllis) Flint,, TX(Zone 7b)

Hello All,

I have a problem and I'm not sure why or what is causing it.
I pulled out my glass and stuff and cut out a couple of crosses
Cleaned the glass after cutting and grinding.
made sure all was dry (a couple hours later) I then foiled all the pieces and placed them so there was a lil space between as should be when foiling and soldered
now a week later one cross the sides have come loose - foil from glass

the cross int eh picture did it to me the first day and I went and bought new foil and made sure I had a decent soldering iron and kept the temp down to where it just melted the solder.
I re-foiled this one and it seemed to be okay until I looked at it today when the other one was shown to me and where the pencils are pointing is where the problem is.
it comes loose in the curve.
This one is only loose on one side now but still I am lost as to what is going on

I'm wondering if even though this is meant as a "sun catcher" if I should be making an oval to go around it for more support

help....suggestions...ideas????

Thumbnail by Mibus2
This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!